Printshop pro 3.5 vs propublisher (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.5

kellyw -> Printshop pro 3.5 vs propublisher (4/7/2014 8:13:45 AM)

Hi. I had to get a new computer as XP was to outdated. The first software I bought was the professional 3.5. I had been using propublisher deluxe 21. With the new software I can't scan (or acquire) from my scanner. I also can't find the backdrops or find photos online. I called today to see if printshop has anything comparable to the pro publisher for windows 8.1. She gave me this web site.

swramsay -> RE: Printshop pro 3.5 vs propublisher (4/7/2014 9:08:26 AM)

Same here. No functionality. No photos, tabs are whited out. what's going on? No instructions. Were we scammed?

ellengard -> RE: Printshop pro 3.5 vs propublisher (4/7/2014 9:22:24 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: swramsay
... No photos, tabs are whited out. No instructions.

1. In the Clipart gallery, click the drop down arrow and select 'Photos'.
  2. Tab activates when you have selected something on your workspace that applies to that function. e.g. Click Table button to add a table. Now Table tab activates.
  3. The online users' manual is accessible by clicking the 'Help' button, top/right.

ellengard -> RE: Printshop pro 3.5 vs propublisher (4/7/2014 9:30:40 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: kellyw
With the new software I can't scan (or acquire) from my scanner.

No TWAIN drivers with this program. Just scan using the scanning program that came with your scanner and save the scan as JPG. The JPG can be imported via the 'My Photos' button.

quote:

I also can't find the backdrops or find photos online.

re: photos See reply above.
Try typing 'background' or 'backdrop' in the Search box. I got 80 PAGES (10 items per page) of 'backgrounds'.

swramsay -> RE: Printshop pro 3.5 vs propublisher (4/7/2014 9:52:05 AM)

I think I got that one. I can see this is going to take a while to figure out. I thought it would be much more user friendly with better instructions. I'll see how much time it will take and if it doesn't work Ill get a refund.
thanks.

kellyw -> RE: Printshop pro 3.5 vs propublisher (4/15/2014 10:22:26 AM)

Thanks.. Now, can you tell us how to get to backdrops & photos. There seems to be lots of clip art. Man I sure miss my old software.. :(

ellengard -> RE: Printshop pro 3.5 vs propublisher (4/15/2014 10:49:39 AM)

Your questions were answered - scroll up to see them.

I kept my old XP computer so I can use my old programs. Did you get rid of yours?

kellyw -> RE: Printshop pro 3.5 vs propublisher (4/16/2014 7:12:00 AM)

Thanks. I was able to make a sign.

Yes, I did keep my old computer. Need to get a monitor, desk and a place for it. [:)]

ellengard -> RE: Printshop pro 3.5 vs propublisher (4/16/2014 9:26:28 AM)

You can get a 'switch' hooked up to both computers so that they share the same monitor and keyboard. That's what I have and I find it very convenient and space saving.

kellyw -> RE: Printshop pro 3.5 vs propublisher (4/16/2014 12:41:25 PM)

Thank- You Thank -You Thank-You! That would solve a lot!

ellengard -> RE: Printshop pro 3.5 vs propublisher (4/16/2014 3:57:48 PM)

You're welcome! This saved me from having to replace my printer and scanner with Win7 compatible models. So for a $25 investment, I saved a lot not having to buy a lot of new equipment.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4
1.489258E-02