new label discription won't load (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.5

Lostntech -> new label discription won't load (4/18/2014 9:19:46 AM)

I tried to create a new return address label. I did all the steps, set page, margin, space between etc. When I tried to load/open the new label to add my return address it crashed the program. I could load preset templets of other labels but the new label wouldn't display for use. What is wrong? How do I get the nel progect to work?

Help

ellengard -> RE: new label discription won't load (4/18/2014 7:31:10 PM)

Please show me the numbers you inputted for your custom stock.

[image]local://upfiles/9017/44043DE95C794BD7BBE68289641C4D23.gif[/image]

Lostntech -> RE: new label discription won't load (4/19/2014 6:51:56 AM)

Avery 8267
8.5 x 11
x stock is label
rows 20
between rows 0
colums 4
between colums .31
top-left
Top .5
Left .31

Clicked Save and that closed the program. Reopened it and clicked on the label templet and on the new form I created and nothing, Hit save and it closed the program again. Tried opening other templets and they opened but when clicking the new one, nothing or it closed the program.

ellengard -> RE: new label discription won't load (4/19/2014 11:51:22 AM)

I created a new label template with your numbers and it worked fine - 80 1.74x.5 labels on a sheet. No crashing.

Let's determine if the problem is limited to this one template you created.

Please create a couple more test label templates and see if they will load. Don't worry about the numbers matching an actual Avery stock. Just want to know if the new stock will load without crashing the program.

BTW, to get labels 1.75" wide, you need a .30" gap between columns and .30" left margin.

Lostntech -> RE: new label discription won't load (4/20/2014 7:29:02 AM)

As you requested, I made not only one but two new templets. The first was basicly a renaming of the label but used the .30 margin you told me about. Second one, named it test 1. I used 3 colums and .5 side margins. Both closed the program. The templet was created but when clicking on the templet it closes/crashes the program.

Lostntech -> RE: new label discription won't load (4/20/2014 8:49:35 AM)

Dear Ellengard,

I have figured out what the problem is. I bought a new computer that came with 'Win 8'. I have down loaded the upgrade to that program to 'Win 8.1'. In 'Win 8.1' the security access (administrator etc:) has a new catagory called Owner/operator. When I have clicked on edit and have checked full access, it won't allow me to save the 'full access' changes. It is this switch that I believe is restricting my ability to use the new label change. I have a similar problem with 'Word Perfect' in saving new projects.

Is there a work around this function of Win 8.1? I beleve it will solve both my program inaccessabilities/problems.

Lost

ellengard -> RE: new label discription won't load (4/20/2014 1:12:11 PM)

Submit a tech support ticket:
http://support.encore.com/technicalsupport/tech_support_frm.aspx?product_id=3256

In the meantime, if you want my project file for Avery 8267, send me an email.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4
3.027344E-02