Address book - where is the file? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.5

rapadapa -> Address book - where is the file? (5/26/2014 7:02:53 PM)

When using print shop 23 you can save different address books, and open them,
I realize that there is one address book in 3.5, but sometimes I add an address in it and all the addresses disappear and I have to start all over.
Is there a file that is saved out there that I am not aware off

ellengard -> RE: Address book (5/26/2014 9:18:12 PM)

Adding an address does not cause all the addresses to disappear. You mention having different address books in version 23. Are you trying to mimic having different address books by creating groups? If you are looking at a new group, it starts out empty, but all your contacts are still in the main address book.

rapadapa -> RE: Address book (5/27/2014 3:49:43 AM)

When I add new contracts like I said it crashes and when I go back to address book it's empty
I created several groups but they all disappear. Their got to be a way of recovering the file my question is, is their a file name created when you make a contact list in version 3.5. i know version 23 at least saved it as an extension
.ab2

ellengard -> RE: Address book (5/27/2014 10:02:37 AM)

http://support.encore.com/technicalsupport/product_detail.aspx?product_id=3256
There is definitely a technical problem, if the program is crashing when you add new contacts. Please submit a tech support ticket at the link above.

As to a file that contains the contact info, I'll see what I can find...

rapadapa -> RE: Address book (5/27/2014 10:51:07 AM)

Thanks for your help. I would hope that you could back up your contact
list like you are able to do on version 23

ellengard -> RE: Address book (5/28/2014 1:20:52 PM)

The Address Book file is called: AddressBook.xml
It is located here: C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\Encore\The Print Shop 3.5.

rapadapa -> RE: Address book (5/31/2014 8:20:36 PM)

thanks so much, on another note when you inserted fields on a mail merge in ver 23 you could put line 1 (name) line 2 (address1) line 3 (address2) line 4(city,state,zip code)
and if their was nothing on line 3(address line 2) it would automatically move up line 4, Version 3.5 does not move up prints 2 lines then skips line then prints line 4

thanks for your help in advance

ellengard -> RE: Address book (5/31/2014 8:49:07 PM)

The Print Shop 3.5 is a totally different program, developed separately from version 23. It is not an upgrade of version 23. Don't expect these two programs to have a lot of similarities.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4
1.464844E-02