Face Creator Files Missing and Re-install Hoyle Card Games 2005 on Windows XP Professional 32 bit (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Games] >> [Hoyle®] >> Hoyle Card Games 2005

Computer Geek -> Face Creator Files Missing and Re-install Hoyle Card Games 2005 on Windows XP Professional 32 bit (10/3/2014 12:13:09 AM)

I installed Hoyle Card Games 2005 on my Windows XP Professional 32 bit Edition. I have a HP Pavilion computer with a Dual Core AMD 64 processor. I noticed that my face creator program failed to launch properly, claiming that the face creator files were missing and to re-install Hoyle Card Games 2005. I tried modifying, repairing, removing and uninstalling, removing all traces of the game, re-installing the game and I still get the same error message. Also, I have Hoyle Board Games 2005 and Hoyle Puzzle and Board Games 2012 installed successfully; their face creators work fine. I know that the Hoyle Card Games 2005 shares the face creator with the Hoyle Board Games 2005. Unlike the Hoyle Card Games 2005 and Hoyle Board Games 2005, Hoyle Puzzle and Board Games 2012 has its own face creator and its files are located in two areas, program files and in the applications folder.

I am wondering how to link the face creator for both the Hoyle 2005 games so that the face creator works properly in the Hoyle Card Games 2005. It already works properly in Hoyle Board Games 2005. Does anyone know how and where to place the face creator file on Windows XP 32 bit Edition to enable the face creator file to work properly instead of failing to start? I've tried to place a copy of the face creator file in numerous different locations but nothing worked so far. Placing a copy of the face creator file in the Hoyle Card Games 2005 folder did not work. Creating an Encore folder in my documents and placing a copy of the face creator in it did not work either.

Where is the best place to put a copy of the face creator file to enable the Hoyle Card Games 2005 to work properly? The creating an Encore folder in program files and copying and pasting the face creator file worked on my Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit edition because there are two program folders, program files and program files X86. Unlike the Windows 7 Home Premium computer, my Windows XP 32 bit edition only has one program folder. Therefore, it can not have two Encore folders in the same program folder.

Does anyone have any suggestions to resolve this problem? It is unfortunate that the Hoyle Card Game 2005 does not seem to have its own face creator program or at least a patch to correct the problem. I was considering the possibility of trying copying my user logs from my computers where the face creator works and pasting them into my Windows Xp 32 bit computer where the face creator does not work, but I am concerned about data corruption.The user folders and text files seem to govern the face creator files or conversely, the face creator files govern the user folders and user text files. I tried copying the user folder, the user text and the game settings from a computer that the face creator works successfully but when I copied and pasted the new files to the unsuccessful computer and then launched the game again, I got the same result, no face creator program installed on this game.

When I did my second uninstall of the game and went looking for the trace elements that were left over after uninstalling the Hoyle Card Game 2005, I found that the Hoyle Card Game 2005 folder still existed inside the Encore folder and had the user folders and user text files still present in it. One slight aside, I tried registry editing the Hoyle Card Game 2005 after uninstalling the game and it came up with nothing.

[image]local://upfiles/25548/5B44476FA50E42258F15965682A93DBF.jpg[/image]

JasonC -> RE: Face Creator Files Missing and Re-install Hoyle Card Games 2005 on Windows XP Professional 32 bit (10/3/2014 8:10:40 AM)

Make sure you are only placing one copy of the files in the folder on a 64 bit system. After you move the files to make the game work, delete the duplicate in the original folder.

Follow these instructions exactly.

http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=40337&mpage=1&key=face%2Ccreator鶑

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4