Save custom size as pdf (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS Export/Import

skent3@qwest.net -> Save custom size as pdf (10/4/2014 10:39:22 AM)

I have created a custom size label, 9" wide by 6.25" high, and want to save the file as a pdf using Print, and selecting the Cute PDF Writer. Is there a trick to getting the saved pdf file to be the 9" x 6.25", vs on an 8.5 x 11 size.? Thank you.

ellengard -> RE: Save custom size as pdf (10/4/2014 2:04:45 PM)

You need to set the custom size in the Cute PDF printer settings. Choose custom, then edit custom, then type in the height and width.

skent3@qwest.net -> RE: Save custom size as pdf (10/4/2014 2:49:38 PM)

That worked ... thank you very much!

skent3@qwest.net -> RE: Save custom size as pdf (10/5/2014 8:29:04 AM)

Ellengard, you are always helpful and knowledgeable and provide good advice. Question ... I need to send a pdf to a professional printer to print a bunch of copies. So I used Print Shop 23.1 to create the graphic page. They want bleed, so I used the Custom Paper Wizard to create an 8.5" x 11" label, with bleed. What does this do? Does it simply increase the size of the graphic by a certain percentage, or does it do anything else (like crop marks, etc.). I have Adobe Acrobat, so I can take the output pdf from Print Shop and tweak it more prior to sending it off to the printer. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

skent3@qwest.net -> RE: Save custom size as pdf (10/5/2014 8:30:09 AM)

I should add that I select the Cute PDF Writer to output through "Print"

ellengard -> RE: Save custom size as pdf (10/5/2014 9:47:49 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: skent3@qwest.net
...They want bleed, so I used the Custom Paper Wizard to create an 8.5" x 11" label, with bleed.

The professional printer that I use requires .125 inch bleed around all sides. So if I want the end result to be 9x6.25, my PDF must be 9.25x6.5 with the background extending all the way to the edges. The edges will be trimmed off, so don't put anything important like text, too close to the edges.

From your post, it is not clear that your professional printer wants a PDF with canvas size 9.25x6.5 or 11x8.5. For my vendor, the 11x8.5 is not acceptable.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4