Error 0001e1fd (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Education Software] >> Oregon Trail

wolfdragon -> Error 0001e1fd (10/10/2014 1:39:59 PM)

Hello,

I have searched high and low and cannot find this anywhere. There seems to have been a patch for this error at one time, but all the links I can find are dead.

I try to launch OT5 and the screen goes black, then a windows message (send/don't send) comes up.
I go into Windows Event Viewer and find an application error with the following information.

Faulting application ot5.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module binkw32.dll, version 1.0.22.0, fault address 0x0001e1fd.

Unfortunately, I had to recently reimage the PC this was installed on due to a virus. If anyone knows how to get by this error, or has a patch that can be provided, my kids and myself will be greatly appreciative.

Thanks,
Tim

JasonC -> RE: Error 0001e1fd (10/10/2014 4:33:47 PM)

You may try the following link to obtain the patch : http://support.encore.com/technicalsupport/kb.aspx?kb_id=322&product_id=2617

Please note, this is the only patch we have on the website. If it works , please let us know.

I tried clicking the link for the patch and the link is valid.

wolfdragon -> RE: Error 0001e1fd (10/11/2014 5:30:17 AM)

Thanks for the patch. Unfortunately, it did not help.
I still get the same process (click play, black screen, send/don't send error).

However, the message in the Windows Event Viewer is now different.

Faulting application ot5.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module ot5.exe, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x0007ab36.

I have scoured the web and am not able to find anything. The closest I can find is to roll back nvidia drivers, but I cannot roll back as they are the drivers that installed immediately upon installing a fresh XP image.

Any other thoughts?

JasonC -> RE: Error 0001e1fd (10/11/2014 8:32:59 AM)

I don't have experience in this program so I am unable to help. You may have to wait for someone on the forums that may have a solution. I know it's not the answer you wanted to hear but this is a very old program that's not supported anymore by technical support.

All of our troubleshooting articles for this particular game is located at : http://support.encore.com/technicalsupport/product_detail.aspx?product_id=2617

Beyond this, there are other forums online as well that may be able to help as well.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4