PrintShop 3.5 Won't Print (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.5

pweseman -> PrintShop 3.5 Won't Print (10/14/2014 6:40:16 AM)

I've posted this question before, but received no response, so I'm trying one more time before I trash this Printshop 3.5 program. When I go to print preview, it shows a blank page which is also what prints. I can see the document I create, but when I look at it in print preview, it is just a white page or card. I've tried sever types of formats such as business card, banner, pamphlet, etc.

The other issue I still have is that when I insert any type of .jpg file, I cannot make the background 'blend' into the document like I used to with my PrintShop 23. I used to be able to make the background transparent and only see the image in whatever document I was making. I can find no place to do this function. But this became a minor problem compared to the problem of not being able to print whatever I created.

ellengard -> RE: PrintShop 3.5 Won't Print (10/14/2014 10:44:07 AM)

This is the first time you've posted a problem with the print preview and blank printing. (clicking on your username will show your profile and all posts you've made)

Is everything not printing or is it a Label project? If Label, it's probably because a part of the label is highlighted(selected) when you go to print. The program thinks you aren't finished creating your label, so nothing gets printed. Just click outside the label so nothing is selected, then proceed to printing.

In your other post,
http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=49061
it was explained how areas can be made transparent using the Effects options. Unfortunately, it turns out that your version of Print Shop 3.5 isn't the version that has these options. When you mentioned that you have Photo Shop Elements, I told you that would do what you wanted. It's a very basic skill to remove areas of a graphic and export the result as a PNG with transparency. Then the PNG can be imported to other programs. Learning to use PSE, however, requires a fair amount of time.

You can eliminate the need to edit your converted projects by doing this:
From your old program, export the entire project as JPG, after you have removed text that you don't want to be permanent. For example, "August 6, 2014" and "Kathy Janson".

pweseman -> RE: PrintShop 3.5 Won't Print (10/15/2014 7:25:01 AM)

I actually had a problem finding the place to post a new post when I went back into the sight, so I emailed directly to the email address listed from your posts.

The problem with not printing is for anything I try to print. Doesn't matter the type of document. Print preview shows the outline of the document type (ie. business card, 8X10 document, etc) but it is totally blank.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program at least 4 times. Same issue.

ellengard -> RE: PrintShop 3.5 Won't Print (10/15/2014 1:03:51 PM)

quote:

... I emailed directly to the email address listed from your posts.

Sorry, I never received an email from you. Did you click the email link under my username?

Regarding your printing issue, are you printing from other programs OK? If yes, your problem is likely technical and a tech support ticket can be submitted from here:
http://support.encore.com/technicalsupport/tech_support_frm.aspx?product_id=3256

Do you have your printer hooked up to both your old and new computers? Does the printer work OK with both?

If you decide to not use Print Shop 3.5 anymore, know that you can still use your old computer to export as JPG your old Print Shop projects.. You can import JPG into ANY program that accepts graphics, such as MS Word, and add your new text and print.

Just make sure you delete anything from your project that you don't want to have to deal with as a JPG. Then export the entire project as JPG.

pweseman -> RE: PrintShop 3.5 Won't Print (1/17/2015 11:57:34 AM)

I am back. It has been 2 months since I posted last. My frustration level was so high from trying to get Printshop 3.5 to work that I just gave up and drug out my old computer with XP and used my old version 22. But I want to try one more time using my computer with 8.1 Windows and version 3.5.

What I just did was uninstall the 3.5 printshop program which I have done at least 3 times in the past. This time I found a post about installing on 8.1 version which said to browse the files and run the setup as an administrator which I did, but that made no difference.

Let me explain my problem again. I have been trying to create labels and business cards. I figured maybe I was doing something wrong when I started from scratch, so this time I tried using templates. I can go to templates and pull up greeting cards, post cards, flyers, certificates, etc. I can go to print preview and I see the project I have pulled up. However when I pull up a business card or label template, while I see the project in the project window, when I go to print preview, I see only a blank page. If I print, nothing prints either.

[image]local://upfiles/25420/F357109E3D754E15838154EEF8B51F5A.jpg[/image]

ellengard -> RE: PrintShop 3.5 Won't Print (1/17/2015 1:05:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: pweseman
... when I go to print preview, I see only a blank page. If I print, nothing prints either.

Did you ever submit a tech support ticket? You are having a tech problem, not a problem about how to use the program features (functionality). This is a user-to-user functionality support forum.

You didn't answer my questions about your printer in post#4 so I can't comment without any new information. All I can suggest is that you download and install the latest Win 8.1 printer driver for your make/model of printer.

pweseman -> RE: PrintShop 3.5 Won't Print (1/17/2015 3:03:10 PM)

The printer is the same printer and prints other documents I have created in 8.1. I have created business cards using Publisher and they print fine.

I tried tech support with the problem I had regarding the previous version documents I had not converting to the 3.5 version. They referred me to this forum. I will try them again with this issue. Thanks.

ellengard -> RE: PrintShop 3.5 Won't Print (1/17/2015 5:20:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: pweseman
I tried tech support with the problem I had regarding the previous version documents I had not converting to the 3.5 version. They referred me to this forum.

Tech support would have referred you to this forum for your earlier question about opening older projects in v3.5 as that is a functionality question.

I hope they can help you with your technical issue. Even though your printer is working with your other programs, if there is a more current printer driver, Print Shop 3.5 may require it to be compatible with your printer.

As a workaround, you can save your projects as PDF. Since your printer works with other programs, you can print the PDF from Adobe Reader. I usually do this because I send my PDFs for professional printing.

pweseman -> RE: PrintShop 3.5 Won't Print (1/17/2015 5:43:09 PM)

Thank you for all of your help.

ellengard -> RE: PrintShop 3.5 Won't Print (1/17/2015 8:13:14 PM)

You're welcome. Please post back if you have success printing a PDF or getting Print Shop and your printer to communicate.

danielusa -> RE: PrintShop 3.5 Won't Print (11/23/2022 1:47:38 PM)

Great blog, thank you for sharing such new and useful information. drift boss

Josh54 -> RE: PrintShop 3.5 Won't Print (2/25/2023 3:40:51 AM)

I purchased a new HP laptop running Windows 8.1, after which I downloaded The Print Shop 3.5 Deluxe. I have successfully used earlier versions of Print Shop on a Windows 7 PC. PS 3.5 downloads successfully and functions. But, I am unable to print any of my creations. I press "Print," and the PS window closes. There are no documents in the printer queue when bubble shooter checked. Any assistance in resolving these compatibility issues?

davisjohn31 -> RE: PrintShop 3.5 Won't Print (3/14/2023 3:03:24 AM)

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with Printshop 3.5. Check your printer settings bitlife. Make sure that your printer is selected as the default printer in Printshop and that it is set up correctly in your computer's settings. Also, check that the printer is not out of ink or paper.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4