Printing mailing labels (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS Printing Specific Issues

Smiling lady -> Printing mailing labels (11/12/2014 11:08:15 AM)

Although the address book has 'Title', First name, Last Name, information, I am unable to get the label to print the title before the name. ie Mr. and Mrs. Robert Smith . It will print Robert and Mary Smith. How do I get it to print the TITLE in front of the name????

ellengard -> RE: Printing mailing labels (11/12/2014 1:15:57 PM)

Please confirm the program you are using:

Ultimate Mail Manager in the Print Shop 23.1
OR
The Address Book in the Print Shop 3.5

These two versions of Print Shop are so different that advice for one doesn't work for the other.

ellengard -> RE: Printing mailing labels (11/13/2014 1:03:45 PM)

v23.1 can mail merge the Title field; v3.5 cannot. So assuming this is where your problem lies, here is the workaround solution for The Print Shop 3.5:
http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=49437

confuzzled -> RE: Printing mailing labels (12/15/2014 9:01:31 AM)

Since 3.5 Professional won't insert the title field, and you can use custom 1, does that mean that I have to go thru every single address and move title to there? Isn't there some way to setup custom 1 (or whatever you use) to pull the title field from the name?

ellengard -> RE: Printing mailing labels (12/15/2014 9:38:14 AM)

No, unfortunately, it's not like a spreadsheet program where you can apply formulas and algorithms to produce values in certain fields.

confuzzled -> RE: Printing mailing labels (12/15/2014 10:54:07 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ellengard

No, unfortunately, it's not like a spreadsheet program where you can apply formulas and algorithms to produce values in certain fields.

I'd say someone in programming fell down on the job on this one. An update with that fixed would sure be nice. Going thru over 300 contacts to make this adjustment is not going to be fun. [sm=emot-bang.gif]

ellengard -> RE: Printing mailing labels (12/15/2014 12:14:55 PM)

Yes, the Title shouldn't have been left out of the mail merge fields. However, there is no Address Book that I know of that could do what you suggested. You would have to use Excel.

In some cases, perhaps it would be easier to just type Mr. & Mrs. right in the text box, then mail merge the contacts where Mr. & Mrs. applies.

confuzzled -> RE: Printing mailing labels (12/15/2014 1:30:54 PM)

Nah, I'll just have to go through them one by one and fix Broderbund's error. [:@] I probably have as many that are just Mr. or Ms. as I do Mr & Mrs, not to mention a few Dr. & Mrs, or the Honorable Reverend & Mrs, and a few others. It's going to be a tedious process. But, this list used to be nearly a thousand names, so a few over 300 will be a lot faster. [;)]

That is of course, if I can't figure out a way to get excel to do it for me. I'm not at all good at setting up access to run scripts, so that option won't work for me.

confuzzled -> SOLVED RE: Printing mailing labels (12/15/2014 3:14:53 PM)

TADA!!! I FOUND IT!!!!!! Whilst inside the xml file, I found the field that merges titles! [:)][:D] Choose PREFIX and you're all set to go!

ellengard -> RE: SOLVED RE: Printing mailing labels (12/15/2014 3:33:12 PM)

OMG, you're a genius! I never considered examining the xml file. I'll send an email to the forum admin.

lindarobin -> RE: SOLVED RE: Printing mailing labels (12/15/2014 3:48:17 PM)

Thank you, confuzzled! Your solution has been pinned in the Print Shop 3.5 forum:
http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=49437

confuzzled -> RE: SOLVED RE: Printing mailing labels (12/15/2014 3:55:06 PM)

thank you, thank you, I do honestly feel honored.
I just got this software Saturday after years of CreataCard Platinum and Print shop Pro 22.

I feel bad now though, because about 30 seconds before I spotted that I opened a support ticket fussing at them and asking for a patch of some sort to fix their error. OOPS! [8|]

ellengard -> RE: SOLVED RE: Printing mailing labels (12/15/2014 5:12:08 PM)

Submitting a ticket was the right thing to do. A patch would be a good thing. You made the connection between the Title data in the Address Book and the Prefix tags in the Address Book xml file, so here's hoping that speeds up the fix.

I can tell that you're going to know Print Shop 3.5 better than I, soon enough!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4