license transfer (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality

kccallen -> license transfer (1/7/2015 9:48:25 AM)

I have Calendar Creator 12 Deluxe installed on a computer. I want to uninstall it from that PC and install on a new PC. Is there anything I need to do to transfer the license for the new install? Also, any specific steps to transfer any saved data?

DEJenc3 -> RE: license transfer (1/7/2015 10:52:42 AM)

When you want to start using Calendar Creator on another computer, you'll want to copy your *.bcc calendar files to the new computer. Typically your files will be in a Windows user folder. For example, in Windows 7 the calendars will be stored by default to:
C:\Users\username\Documents\

If you have used any of your own image files, be sure that those can be located on the new computer.

We'll look into the license matter and post here.

JasonC -> RE: license transfer (1/7/2015 11:31:39 AM)

Regarding the licensing issue:

You can transfer your download product from one computer to the other providing you have the original installation file you obtained when you downloaded the product. If you do not have this product, we can replace your download for a cost of $9.99

If you are replacing a disc, there will be a shipping charge in addition to the $9.99 replacement fee.

kccallen -> RE: license transfer (1/7/2015 2:13:00 PM)

I did not download the initial install, I installed from CD. I still have the original CD. Can I just install from it again?

DEJenc3 -> RE: license transfer (1/7/2015 2:48:26 PM)

That would be my interpretation. Go ahead and try to install the CD. If you have a new PC, I'll assume it's Windows 7 or 8, and you should be ok.

JasonC -> RE: license transfer (1/7/2015 4:12:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: kccallen

I did not download the initial install, I installed from CD. I still have the original CD. Can I just install from it again?

I'm not sure about the CD in sleeve version of the program, but if you have the retail box version just install it on the other computer. I don't believe there is a license code to enter.

If its a disc that was shipped to you in a cardboard mailer then your serial code is on the label of the disc.

Kirsten -> RE: license transfer (1/8/2015 12:55:13 AM)

kccallen,

I suspect that your use of the word 'license' was literal, in that your desire is simply to transfer the legal use of the software from one computer to another. If so, it might interest you to know that the License Agreement for most computer software permits the use of the software on only one computer at any given time. So, uninstalling the software from one computer before installing it on a different computer is in complete compliance with the License Agreement.

While many software downloads and some software sold on disc require the user to enter a keycode or license code during the installation of the software, Calendar Creator is one of those programs which has always been sold without the need for a keycode or license code.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4