Two Sided and 3 across on 8/12x11 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 6.0 (released 2013)

poet4u -> Two Sided and 3 across on 8/12x11 (3/4/2015 5:28:14 PM)

Hi

I just want to make 3 bookmarks on one sheet of 8.5x11 paper landscape position. I also want them to be double-sided to say different things. I have really read and looked the program over and have hit a dead end. Can anyone help? Many thanks

ellengard -> RE: Two Sided and 3 across on 8/12x11 (3/4/2015 7:06:49 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: poet4u
I just want to make 3 bookmarks on one sheet of 8.5x11 paper landscape position.

Yes, very doable.

quote:

I also want them to be double-sided to say different things.

Double-sided is also doable. "say different things" Your meaning is unclear. You want three completely different bookmarks OR three bookmarks exactly the same, but the back is different from the front?

poet4u -> RE: Two Sided and 3 across on 8/12x11 (3/4/2015 7:47:18 PM)

Hi

Thanks. I want 3 bookmarks that are exactly the same. I am pretty savvy and feel funny asking but can you at least get me going in the correct direction on this project? I have read some though usually I can figure out a program pretty fast. This one does not seem as user friendly as I expected. Thanks :O)

ellengard -> RE: Two Sided and 3 across on 8/12x11 (3/4/2015 8:21:50 PM)

There are two different approaches:

#1:
Create from Scratch a new Sign project, landscape orientation. Add guides lines to split the page into three equal sections. Design your bookmark in one section. Select all and group. Copy and paste the group into the other two sections. Insert a new page. Design the backside of the bookmark. Repeat the process of grouping and copying. This is your double-sided bookmark.

#2:
A label project will automatically duplicate your design to fill the page. If you not are experienced with making custom labels, this method has a high learning curve. Labels do not recognize "double-sidedness". You create a second label project as a workaround.

ellengard -> RE: Two Sided and 3 across on 8/12x11 (3/4/2015 8:31:44 PM)

Here is a screen capture of my print preview for my custom label project, width 3.66" height 8.5" no gaps, margins 0,0,0,0.

[image]local://upfiles/9017/97155B49FFBB4BDDB983E616B8627334.jpg[/image]

poet4u -> RE: Two Sided and 3 across on 8/12x11 (3/5/2015 1:49:10 AM)

Thank you,

I decided to use number one because of the learning curve. It is so far working out. When I go to print i have to scale to fit otherwise it is too big for the bookmark. When I printed it out that way it fit fine. Thanks for showing me the example. Your example it really wonderful. I will be in touch if I need more help. You have been wonderful. Thanks so much. Any suggestions are welcome.
PS I have a mac and I want to use the program also on my friends PC running windows 7.I have created what you suggested on my mac but want to save it and finish it on her PC. Suggestions. I did save it through Printmaster as a JPEG and sent it to her. Will it open if I install Printmaster on her PC?

ellengard -> RE: Two Sided and 3 across on 8/12x11 (3/5/2015 10:59:30 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: poet4u

Thank you,
...When I go to print i have to scale to fit otherwise it is too big for the bookmark.

If your printer can do borderless on the type of paper you have selected, you can zero out the margins in the print/page setup.

quote:

I have a mac and I want to use the program also on my friends PC running windows 7.I have created what you suggested on my mac but want to save it and finish it on her PC. Suggestions. I did save it through Printmaster as a JPEG and sent it to her. Will it open if I install Printmaster on her PC?

Any JPG will open on her PC. JPG is an universal format and can be opened with any program that accepts graphics.

I have never tried it, but I do believe that any project you create with PM6.0 on your Mac will open fine on PC with PM6.0 installed. However... PrintMaster 6.0 does not save a project file (well, it does, but it contains no images); it saves a project FOLDER (you can find these folders in a parent folder called PrintMaster Projects) You will have to copy the project folder and transfer it to the PC.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4
1.599121E-02