Text issues (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 6.0 (released 2013)

CBA -> Text issues (3/16/2015 12:51:48 PM)

I have tried to type information into a text box in the greeting card format. However, everything shifts when I click out of the box to go on to the next piece of the card.

Also, I tried using the line spacing feature before or after one particular line in a text box. It moves everything in the box. I don't want to change spacing on every line in the text box.

Why am I having these issues? I've never experienced these problems on previous versions of Printmaster.

Thank you.

Kathy
CBA

ellengard -> RE: Text issues (3/16/2015 1:41:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: CBA
I don't want to change spacing on every line in the text box.

Line Spacing and Tracking affect the entire contents of the text box. This is how it was designed to work. If you want only one or two lines to be different, put them in a separate text box.

ellengard -> RE: Text issues (3/16/2015 1:47:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: CBA
I have tried to type information into a text box in the greeting card format. However, everything shifts when I click out of the box to go on to the next piece of the card.

This only happens to me when I edit a pre-existing text box that someone else started and formatted. I delete that text box and create a new one so it doesn't come with unknown formatting.

This doesn't happen will all text boxes, just the odd one. I don't know why. However, in my experience, I have had to fix someone else's document because he used his word processor like a typewriter i.e. aligning words with spaces and hard returns. So of course, when applying a new font family or font size, everything became misaligned. Maybe the problem is related to something similar.

CBA -> RE: Text issues (3/16/2015 4:12:55 PM)

I closed the program, reopened it, and started all over. It's still shifting the text when I click out of the text box.

Unfortunately, this new program seems to be much more difficult that the past programs, which is very disappointing. I had always enjoyed using the Printmaster Programs. They were user-friendly and straight forward.

Thank you for attempting to help.

ellengard -> RE: Text issues (3/16/2015 11:11:14 PM)

If you created a new text box, then you are experiencing a technical problem. The program does not do what you describe unless you have a corrupted installation or some other thing interfering with the program. You need to submit a tech support ticket:
http://support.encore.com/technicalsupport/tech_support_frm.aspx?product_id=3105

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4