Trying to transfer old game to new computer. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Games] >> [Hoyle®] >> Hoyle Card Games 2008

lisbet87 -> Trying to transfer old game to new computer. (3/30/2015 7:28:40 PM)

Hi, My mom's computer broke and we needed to change the operating system from vista to windows 7. We had mirrored her hard drive before and still have the encore folders on the external hard drive. I re installed Hoyle Card Game 2008 onto the computer and she really wants her old game back. Is there a way I could just transfer it over?

Thanks.

ellengard -> RE: Trying to transfer old game to new computer. (3/30/2015 8:59:40 PM)

I think you have to install the program onto the new computer, from the original Hoyle disk.

JasonC -> RE: Trying to transfer old game to new computer. (3/30/2015 9:46:01 PM)

You can't Reinstall from a mirrored hard drive, you need to delete the folder that was left in the mirror image and start out clean. Hoyle 2008 uses Secure Rom copy protection and the disc has to be in the drive at least once after a clear clean install.

lisbet87 -> RE: Trying to transfer old game to new computer. (3/31/2015 10:47:09 AM)

I did install the game using the cd rom but I was wondering if I could find her old save file of her account/game and hoyle bucks from before and just add it to the encore folder?

JasonC -> RE: Trying to transfer old game to new computer. (3/31/2015 11:38:06 AM)

This would be covered under this thread: http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=35488

That is where the old Save Data would be.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4