Calendar Creator 12.1 will not open (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality

Shari -> Calendar Creator 12.1 will not open (4/27/2015 5:58:48 PM)

I have installed Calendar Creator 12.1
It will install without error but will not open at all. No error, just doesn't open.
I have contacted support and done everything recommended. Still won't open.
They have offered a refund, but I need the program and would like for it work.
Does anyone know what is (or is not!) going on here??

DEJenc3 -> RE: Calendar Creator 12.1 will not open (4/27/2015 9:10:41 PM)

Hello, Shari,

You've done the right thing by contacting Tech Support, since this is really a Tech Support issue.

You might mention the operating system you're using, though Calendar Creator 12.1 should run on all recent versions of Windows.

There are useful instructions here for a "clean install," and it may be worth starting over by following them:
http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=24104&mpage=1&key=帨

Please report back here how that goes.

JasonC -> RE: Calendar Creator 12.1 will not open (4/27/2015 9:15:45 PM)

When I ran Windows XP awhile back, this happened to me where it would not work.

Do you have any of Broderbund's desktop publishing programs currently installed on your computer which may have a version of Calendar Creator Express? That's the only thing I can think of at this point.

DEJenc3 -> RE: Calendar Creator 12.1 will not open (4/28/2015 12:21:42 AM)

Very good thought, Jason.

The following post recommends that Calendar Creator must be installed BEFORE any version of Print Shop bundled with an Express version of Calendar Creator:
http://forums.encoreusa.com/fb.asp?m=40334

I also want to ask Shari what happens when double-clicking the executable file for Calendar Creator rather than a Start Menu choice or desktop icon?

An example of the file's location:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Calendar Creator\Creator.exe

Shari -> RE: Calendar Creator 12.1 will not open (4/28/2015 5:01:55 PM)

I uninstalled and followed the instructions for a clean install. Now it will start to open, then i get an error message saying "the microsoft jet database engine cannot open the file C:\ProgramData\BroderbundSoftware\Print\Calendar Creator.MDgr it is already opened exclusively by another user or you need permission to view its data"
This message comes up very briefly, so briefly that i had to set my camera on burst mode and restart 3 times before getting a photo clear to read. I do not show a "ProgramData" folder on the C drive but if i try to create one i get a warning there is one already there. SOOO, i'm thinking that this a problem for our network tech guy.

[image]local://upfiles/26025/563849B85EF74F0D9997A552C6379F0B.jpg[/image]

FixitMAD -> RE: Calendar Creator 12.1 will not open (4/28/2015 5:37:43 PM)

I'm not sure if this will be helpful or not, but if you get the Free program called Unlocker (and make sure you do not install the extra software that is part of the install process), you could use this program to tell you what other application is holding on to the Calendar Creator.MDgr file.

DEJenc3 -> RE: Calendar Creator 12.1 will not open (4/28/2015 5:44:31 PM)

The actual path and filename referenced is:
C:\ProgramData\Broderbund Software\Print\Calendar Creator\CREATOR.MDB
It's hard to read on the screenshot, but that was a good thing to do to capture it.
.mdb is a database file.

There's a support article here if it helps:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/306269

If you have access to a network tech guy, I'd say by all means involve him. Show him all the responses in this forum thread.

Let us know how it turns out.

ellengard -> RE: Calendar Creator 12.1 will not open (4/28/2015 7:14:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shari
... i'm thinking that this a problem for our network tech guy.

Are you trying to install this program on a network?

Shari -> RE: Calendar Creator 12.1 will not open (4/28/2015 8:47:50 PM)

The computer at work is on a network. I have never had a problem installing or running any programs because i am an administrator on my desktop. We had to replace our server in December and a lot of things don't work quite they way they used to. So the problem must be a network issue that i'm not savvy enough fix.
I downloaded a copy of the program to my home pc and everything works fine. I will get with our network guy, but he handles 200+ computers on our network with one other employee so i don't think my problem is going to rise to the top anytime soon. In the meantime, i'll use my home pc and save the calendars in pdf to print out at work.
I am so glad that it does work on my home pc! I have used some version of Calendar Creator since my very first computer (a 256mg, win 3.1 beast) and haven't found a better calendar program.
Thanks for you help and suggestions. I learned several new things that i'm sure will come in handy in future situations.

ellengard -> RE: Calendar Creator 12.1 will not open (4/28/2015 9:08:43 PM)

Calendar Creatorâ„¢ 12 is designed as a stand-alone application. Calendar files can be shared over a network among multiple users, but each user must have a copy of Calendar Creatorâ„¢ 12 installed on the local workstation.
More info here:
http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=10567

Shari -> RE: Calendar Creator 12.1 will not open (4/30/2015 9:41:34 AM)

I am attempting to install the program on my workstation. It just won't open at all, so i can't get to the options within the program. We also have a stand-alone laptop for this office. I have installed it there and it does run fine on that laptop. We are able to use the program now, just not at the intended workstation. I will continue to try to get it to open on the intended workstation, so any tips or advice are welcome.

ellengard -> RE: Calendar Creator 12.1 will not open (4/30/2015 3:08:38 PM)

If you did not mention to tech support that you are trying to install onto a network, go back and make that clear and see if that provides you with relevant advice.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4