TPS 4.0 Spellchecker (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 4.0

khowe -> TPS 4.0 Spellchecker (10/19/2015 5:30:30 PM)

The Print Shop 4.0 spellchecker underlines the word. Right click has nothing to do with spelling. Is this a know problem?

ellengard -> RE: TPS 4.0 Spellchecker (10/19/2015 6:42:54 PM)

If the spellchecker is identifying misspelled words, then the program is working correctly. "Right click has nothing to do with spelling." That's correct. There's no reason why right click should be associated with spelling.

Were you expecting auto-correct like in smart phone texting?

joel35640 -> RE: TPS 4.0 Spellchecker (10/19/2015 11:37:17 PM)

Spell checker underlines misspelled but does not correct them. Right click doesn't do it either.

joel35640 -> RE: TPS 4.0 Spellchecker (10/19/2015 11:38:42 PM)

oops what do I do. ( funny spell checker works here but not in the text box)

ellengard -> RE: TPS 4.0 Spellchecker (10/20/2015 12:12:56 AM)

The Print Shop 4.0 will not correct your spelling. It identifies words not found in an American dictionary. Then it's up to you to change the spelling or leave it as is, if that is the intent. e.g. slang or foreign words.

khowe -> RE: TPS 4.0 Spellchecker (10/20/2015 9:14:53 AM)

The following is what is stated in The Print Shop 4.0 User Guide at http://printshop.com/user-guide/40/design-desk-tools/using-spell-check.aspx

Using Spell Check

Spell Check in The Print Shop happens automatically as you type. Words that you have misspelled in your text box will display with a Red Underline.

To see suggested spellings Right Click on the misspelled word then Left Click on a suggested correction.

The program will replace your misspelled word it with the correct one.

This is what is causing the confusion.

ellengard -> RE: TPS 4.0 Spellchecker (10/20/2015 1:58:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: khowe
,,, stated in The Print Shop 4.0 User Guide... Words that you have misspelled in your text box will display with a Red Underline. To see suggested spellings Right Click on the misspelled word then Left Click on a suggested correction.The program will replace your misspelled word it with the correct one.

This is what is causing the confusion.

Thank you for making this clear. I tried doing what that says and it doesn't work for me either. I will report this bug.

joel35640 -> RE: TPS 4.0 Spellchecker (10/21/2015 5:55:50 PM)

I returned Printshop Deluxe and purchase Printshop Professional. No spell checker in the text box area.
It does work in this message section. Odd! The Smile??? program did not load in either Deluxe or PRO.
I can't find any picture editor in either program. Just that Smile???. I will return the Professional program tomorrow.

ellengard -> RE: TPS 4.0 Spellchecker (10/21/2015 6:51:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: joel35640
... Printshop Professional. No spell checker in the text box area.

I am using Professional. As I said, the spell checker is showing me the misspelled word, but is not giving me suggested spellings. It is a bug which I have reported.

quote:

It does work in this message section.

Yes, there is a spell checker in this forum, but it has NOTHING to do with any program installed on your computer.

quote:

The Smile??? program did not load in either Deluxe or PRO

Are you referring to "Smilebox"? If clicking the icon doesn't launch Smilebox, you can just type smilebox.com into your browser's address bar. Same thing.

JasonC -> RE: TPS 4.0 Spellchecker (10/21/2015 7:54:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: joel35640
... Printshop Professional. No spell checker in the text box area.

I am using Professional. As I said, the spell checker is showing me the misspelled word, but is not giving me suggested spellings. It is a bug which I have reported.

quote:

It does work in this message section.

Yes, there is a spell checker in this forum, but it has NOTHING to do with any program installed on your computer.

quote:

The Smile??? program did not load in either Deluxe or PRO

Are you referring to "Smilebox"? If clicking the icon doesn't launch Smilebox, you can just type smilebox.com into your browser's address bar. Same thing.

Yup our developers are looking at it :)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4