User Guide (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 4.0

Coquitlam -> User Guide (10/23/2015 7:21:12 PM)

I have just purchased Print Shop Professional 4.0 to be used on Windows 10. I have had two previous and older versions of Print Shop and have a lot of fun using them. I have spent about 10 hours trying to figure out how to do a 4 fold card out of 8. by 11.0 paper. I could do this on the older versions. So the card would be 4.25 by 5.5 inches when folded. Does anyone know how to do this on PS 4.0 The closest I have found uses three sheets of paper of which you waste at least one to two sheets and still do not have a folded card.

ellengard -> RE: User Guide (10/23/2015 8:28:43 PM)

Both of my quarter-fold cards printed correctly, one made from Create Blank Project and one from the Ready-Made templates. Some time ago, someone mentioned that choosing Page Range of "All" vs "1-3" made a difference. I tried both ways and my card printed correctly, but you may want to try "1-3" instead of "All" (or vice-versa).

Another possibility is that you need an updated printer driver. Check for a Win10 compatible driver for your printer model.

An alternate method of getting your quarter-fold card done: Save As PDF. Open the PDF in Adobe Reader and print from that app. Likewise, Save As JPG works, too. It can be printed "full page" from Windows Print app.

[image]local://upfiles/9017/62E1B9CB15024C42808E20DD2A4804D7.jpg[/image]

ellengard -> RE: User Guide (10/23/2015 9:10:51 PM)

If you printed from the Print dialog box, try this alternative. Click Print Preview. You should see the 4 quadrants displayed on the sheet. Click Print from within the Print Preview window.

Somewhere amongst these thousands of forum posts, someone had successful results doing this in a older version of the program. It may work for you. However, with millions of people upgrading to Win10, I tend towards believing it's a printer driver compatibility issue.

Coquitlam -> RE: User Guide (10/23/2015 10:30:46 PM)

Thanks, However I should have been more clear. I am not yet figured out how to position the inside message so that when the card is folded there is a pic on the front and when you open up the card there is the message or in this case the invitation details.

ellengard -> RE: User Guide (10/23/2015 11:30:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Coquitlam
... how to position the inside message so that when the card is folded there is a pic on the front and when you open up the card there is the message or in this case the invitation details.

It sounds like you are using a template that is not a quarter-fold card template. Open a Ready-Made quarter-fold card template. The design will make it obvious where to place pictures and text. Delete objects and replace with your own photos or with art from the Clip Art gallery.

Here is a screen capture that shows how to filter the projects to display just quarter-fold side-fold cards, as an example.

[image]local://upfiles/9017/E0A9974C29A74F9FA7A4A9DBC855CED3.jpg[/image]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4
1.464844E-02