Changing event box size (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality

rickmb -> Changing event box size (12/8/2015 4:04:13 PM)

I have calendar creator deluxe 12.1. I can make daily calendars just fine, but when I switch to multi week calendar, with a week of 1 selected, only three events load under each day of the week. The reason being is that the event box takes up 1/3 of the column even though I only need two lines of space. How do I shrink down this event box so it doesn't waste all of this space. Thanks

DEJenc3 -> RE: Changing event box size (12/8/2015 9:47:36 PM)

Try this: Click in the calendar row that contains the events, and you'll see the border frame becomes a dotted line. Right-click the border, and choose "Set Moveable." You'll see size blocks on the sides and corners. You can drag these to reduce the size. Start by dragged up with the bottom center sizer.

This will be easier to do if you zoom the calendar out so that you can see the whole page.

To get more information into a cell, right-click in a blank cell and choose Properties. In the Miscellaneous tab, see that the box is checked for Fit Event Cell Size to Description.

rickmb -> RE: Changing event box size (12/9/2015 11:28:34 AM)

Thank you, I was ready to try this today, but I can't get my event list to show on day calendar. At bottom of day calendar is note that there are 6 events, but they won't show on the calendar, now what to do? Thanks rick

DEJenc3 -> RE: Changing event box size (12/9/2015 1:04:22 PM)

Is it possible that your events are given start times, and that the start times are before or after the profile for the Day View? For example, if an event is for 8pm, and the Day View only displays until 5pm, you won't see the events.

Try changing the Day View: Right-click in an empty area of the view. Choose the tab Week/Day Properties on the pop-up box, and change the Day starting and ending hours so that the day starts before and ends after your range of events. It uses a 24-hour clock (for example, for ending hour use 20 if your last event starts before 8pm).

rickmb -> RE: Changing event box size (12/9/2015 3:24:11 PM)

My new computer runs Windows 7 64 bit. Would that be a problem? Thanks

DEJenc3 -> RE: Changing event box size (12/9/2015 4:11:44 PM)

You should be fine with Windows 7 64 bit. I've run CC 12.1 on that OS.

rickmb -> RE: Changing event box size (12/9/2015 4:22:22 PM)

Also, it appears that the notes in the note box won't show on the multi week calendar set to one wee. Instead they remain in a drop down box. So notes won't print off when calendar is printed.

rickmb -> RE: Changing event box size (12/9/2015 4:27:13 PM)

My old 1993 version of Key Calendar worked better than this deluxe version. I need a calendar that I can arrange appointments by one week, in columns for Monday, Tuesday, Wed,Thur,Fri, and show persons name, and then a line or two for notes on each person. My old Calendar Creator did this.

rickmb -> RE: Changing event box size (12/9/2015 4:29:02 PM)

I forgot to add, any suggestions on a different calendar creator, that would do as described in previous post.

DEJenc3 -> RE: Changing event box size (12/9/2015 4:49:41 PM)

quote:

Also, it appears that the notes in the note box won't show on the multi week calendar set to one wee. Instead they remain in a drop down box. So notes won't print off when calendar is printed.

From Help about Notes:
Note: Notes appear on the calendar only if the Show Notes with Events option is selected and the Fit Event Cell Size to Description option is disabled on the Miscellaneous tab of the Layout Object Properties box.

DEJenc3 -> RE: Changing event box size (12/9/2015 4:53:09 PM)

quote:

I forgot to add, any suggestions on a different calendar creator, that would do as described in previous post.

If the last reply didn't allow you to do what you want, you might describe and submit the suggestion to this thread:
http://forums.encoreusa.com/fb.asp?m=50885

rickmb -> RE: Changing event box size (12/10/2015 9:28:49 AM)

I loaded this calendar on my home computer (Windows 7 professional 64 bit) and it worked fine. The problems has to be my companies system. Thanks for all the support.

DEJenc3 -> RE: Changing event box size (12/10/2015 4:31:34 PM)

It could very well be that a company's system will present problems for Calendar Creator, which is not designed to be used on a server. Searching the forum for this issue should bring up several threads or messages, but I don't think it will solve the issue. However, you should be fine using CC on a standalone computer, if that's feasible for your situation. Good luck!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4