CC V12 - says there are tutaorials, but where? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality

ILBlackhawk48 -> CC V12 - says there are tutaorials, but where? (1/4/2016 4:53:11 PM)

I am trying to learn to use CC V12 and find it is very confusing!

I haven't use CC software for a number of years, because I couldn't get my old DOS ver to transfer to the windows version and then Win7 came along and nothing would work. So I bought CC V12 and figured I would have to start all over enter all the events! This has turned out to be very confusing!

They talk about calendars and collections and I can't figure it out. I'm used to creating groups of events and then selecting which groups I wanted to add to print a calendar. Ie I had birthday files for various families and then if I only wanted to create a calendar for just my side of the family tree I could do it. and if I wanted both my family and my wife's family together I could do it using overlays.

This version I seem to create event list separately but can only save calendar collections as one file.

Where can I find overview information for this software?

The help files says one thing but the software doesn't have what they say to do available. Almost like it is outdated.

Called Encore Support and he sent me an email that says to go to the Calendar Creator Hub and it will tell you! Took me a while to find what they consider the Hub! Clicked on that in the help search and it gave this to me:

The Help Center contains printable tutorials that help you get the most out of Calendar Creator. The tutorials guide you step-by-step through each topic. They also help you learn how to use the newest features of Calendar Creator. To access the Help Center tutorials, follow these steps.

Do one of the following:

From the Calendar Creator Hub, click the Help Center button.

In the workspace, choose Help Center from the Help menu.

The Calendar Creator Help Center dialog box displays.

Click The Calendar Creator Tutorials button. There is no such button!

The Calendar Creator Design Center Tutorials dialog box displays.

Click on a topic from the Select a Topic list box to display the tutorial.

The Print button prints the HTML tutorial.

When finished with a tutorial, you can select another one to view by repeating step 3 above.

Click the Cancel button in the Help Center to close it.

I'm very frustrated with this software!!!!!

What do you suggest?

Mel

ellengard -> RE: CC V12 - says there are tutaorials, but where? (1/4/2016 5:29:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ILBlackhawk48
Click The Calendar Creator Tutorials button. There is no such button!

Hi, Mel,

I don't have the full version of CC, so I only have the standard Help manual, not the Help Center. However, I have similar programs that display a Help Center with a button for accessing tutorials. Do you see any graphic near the words "Calendar Creator Tutorials"? If so, click that graphic.

DEJenc3 -> RE: CC V12 - says there are tutaorials, but where? (1/4/2016 10:05:48 PM)

I'm using the full version of Calendar Creator 12.1, and do not have a Tutorial button. It could be that programs with a partial version of Calendar Creator as a component do have such a button, as ellengard mentioned.

The Calendar Creator Hub, as I understand it from Help, is the interface that appears when you start a new calendar. Choose from the program's menu: File, New Calendar Collection. The wizard, or perhaps it's considered a tutorial, walks you through the process of creating a basic calendar with different options along the way.

The main source of learning about Calendar Creator is through the program's Help menu, where there are some explanations of concepts of calendar design and components, as well as specific sections on using the program.

I believe that the Help section that you quoted is obsolete. You've done nothing wrong, and you have not misunderstood something that should have been clear. I don't believe there are step-by-step tutorials (like a workbook), but only the "wizard." I did not see the described button either, and am unsure if one may have existed in a previous version.

My advice is to ignore that portion of the Help, and instead concentrate on other parts that give instructions on creating calendars and editing them, without benefit of a tutorial as such.

In addition, here are two links that may help with some questions about concepts of the program that have been asked in the past:

http://forums.encoreusa.com/fb.asp?m=47457

http://forums.encoreusa.com/fb.asp?m=48656

From the description of the calendars you'd like to create, it should be possible to do what you want. The "Collection" concept is probably what you'll want to think of as a "calendar." For the birthdays on two sides of a family, you would be able to add all the birthdays in a single "collection," and assign Categories to the groups by creating your own Categories (e.g., family names). You can then choose to display one or all of the families as you like, by using Events, Categories from the menu.

It's a lot to grasp when starting out. We can also try to help you with specific questions here in the forum.

ellengard -> RE: CC V12 - says there are tutaorials, but where? (1/4/2016 11:10:36 PM)

I recommend reading the section, "Adding Events to Your Calendar". From "Overview" to "Using Advanced Repeat Rules" are the parts that I found the most useful to me.
[image]local://upfiles/9017/C199A2DB48AC45E5B011FD6553F9F52C.gif[/image]

A CC calendar file is perpetual. It is not defined by a year, such as 2016. Rather, each calendar file is a bcc file, defined by events such as your family's birthdays and anniversaries. You will see other bcc files when you File> Import> Events... such as "U.S. Holidays". One of the powerful features of CC is that you can import other bcc files into the one you are working on.

For example, you can import U.S. Holidays.bcc to My-Side-of-the-Family.bcc. Or import My-Side-of-the-Family.bcc to Wifes-Side-of-the-Family.bcc.

If the wife's side of the family all live in Canada, you could import Canadian-English Holidays.bcc to Wifes-Side-of-the-Family.bcc.

Keep separate bcc files. Later you can combine them and give the combined events a new file name. But you always want to keep separate bcc files so you don't have to go through and remove a lot of imported events.

This is just my personal preference. You may prefer organizing using Categories within one bcc file.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4