Print is Blurry (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.5

nblaquiere -> Print is Blurry (2/22/2016 12:05:57 PM)

Hello, my Print Shop 3.5 file is printing blurry. I am making signs for our business and am only designing in black and white. The print out is not sharp. The screen looks sharp. I have tried saving the file as a PDF in 300 DPI and it is still blurry. Nancy

ellengard -> RE: Print is Blurry (2/22/2016 12:29:32 PM)

This is my experience, also. My workaround is to save as JPG at the best quality setting. Then I print the JPG from a different program.

JasonC -> RE: Print is Blurry (2/22/2016 12:30:37 PM)

Some projects will cause this behavior. You can try installing "Cute PDF" as a workaround and see if the print quality improves. Also, what operating system are you on?

ellengard -> RE: Print is Blurry (2/22/2016 1:17:14 PM)

Unfortunately, Jason, I get blurry results with every PDF writer I've used. Cute, Everything PDF, ScanSoft PDF Create.

This makes me believe the problem is with the print function, since all the PDFs are created using the print command.

nblaquiere -> RE: Print is Blurry (2/22/2016 1:35:56 PM)

What does the publisher have to say about this issue? Why would they create a product that does not print sharply....especially a product called Print Shop? Hummmm. I have tried the PDF option and the results are still blurred.

DH -> RE: Print is Blurry (2/22/2016 1:48:40 PM)

ellengard, can you tell me if the same behavior is true in version 4.0?

DH -> RE: Print is Blurry (2/22/2016 2:08:57 PM)

Hello nblaquiere,

I would like to have you test the same project in version 4, if you are willing. To do so I would need the following information sent to office.president@encore.com.

Your Name
Address (only if you want to have a DVD shipped)
A copy of your project
printer information
page layout (printing) information
hardware (dxdiag)
operating system (version of Windows, x86/x64?)

I will then either send you a download version of the software or a DVD copy by mail. Then after testing, if you can then email again if the same issue appeared or if it resolved it for you.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Diane
Customer Service Manager
Encore Software

ellengard -> RE: Print is Blurry (2/22/2016 5:18:00 PM)

Here are my results with 4.0. These are also the same results I get with 3.5. Basically, that any project printed from Print Shop, including printing to a PDF writer, is blurrier than printing the same image from a different application.

I created four PDFs from the same Print Shop project. All four are blurry. Compare to the original JPG on the right.

[image]local://upfiles/9017/E68406894CCD4B788BFE3D0873F2442D.jpg[/image]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4
1.495361E-02