How do I Create a new CD/DVD Label project from scratch. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.5

franksil -> How do I Create a new CD/DVD Label project from scratch. (3/4/2016 1:48:45 PM)

I have Print Shop 3.5, and I can't figure out how to create a new CD/DVD Label project. I go to the "Select a New Project" window, then click "CD/DVD Labels", but it has no option for creating a CD/DVD Label Project from scratch. The only options it has are "My Projects" and "Ready-Made Projects". How do I create a CD/DVD Label Project from scratch?

ellengard -> RE: How do I Create a new CD/DVD Label project from scratch. (3/4/2016 4:42:12 PM)

There is no blank template (i.e. from scratch) for CD/DVD labels. Rather, any of the Ready-Made Avery 8965 templates are pre-formatted with the circle shapes in the correct position for printing onto Avery 8965 label paper. Click on the circle shape and you will notice that the Shapes tab opens, showing you that a certain Fill was applied. You can replace this fill with any other fill, including solid colors, gradients, Print Shop clipart, or your own images.
[image]local://upfiles/9017/7833020C1CF64746ADD200854274EF76.jpg[/image]

You change the fill for the rectangles, similarly.

Delete any text boxes and start your own, or just edit the contents of the existing text boxes. These existing text boxes help with the positioning and font size.

Changing the shape fill is the easiest way to customize your label. Alternatively, you can add images to cover the shape. Tip: I change the shape fill to white color and then add a thin outline via the Border button (one of the star buttons). Then I lock the shape so I can't accidentally shift its position. This helps me to position my images within the circle. Anything outside the circle will still print, but won't be on your label once you peel it off.

franksil -> RE: How do I Create a new CD/DVD Label project from scratch. (3/6/2016 5:10:26 PM)

How do I get to the "Computer Components CD_DVD (Avery 8965)" page? When I go to the "Select a New Project", then "CD/DVD Labels", when the "Ready-Made Projects" button is active all it says is "No results. Please check your search criteria then click Go to try your search again." I don't see any templates. What am I doing wrong? Do I need to download these templates? And if so, how?

ellengard -> RE: How do I Create a new CD/DVD Label project from scratch. (3/6/2016 6:15:41 PM)

Lots of CD templates here, including the one I used:

[image]local://upfiles/9017/04DA0453202E4ED4AEA6ECE9F0D29223.jpg[/image]

ellengard -> RE: How do I Create a new CD/DVD Label project from scratch. (3/6/2016 6:17:22 PM)

You can go directly to the template by doing this:

[image]local://upfiles/9017/5CC5A9D9769540578A771B29B603AC12.jpg[/image]

franksil -> RE: How do I Create a new CD/DVD Label project from scratch. (3/11/2016 12:36:17 PM)

I get nothing. When I press "CD/DVD Labels" I get nothing; none of those templates that you show. I even type in "Computer Components" in the search box and I get the same message: "No results. Please check your search criteria then click Go to try your search again." Obviously something is wrong with my software.

JasonC -> RE: How do I Create a new CD/DVD Label project from scratch. (3/11/2016 1:16:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: franksil

I get nothing. When I press "CD/DVD Labels" I get nothing; none of those templates that you show. I even type in "Computer Components" in the search box and I get the same message: "No results. Please check your search criteria then click Go to try your search again." Obviously something is wrong with my software.

You might require the update.

See here for more info: http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=51305

ellengard -> RE: How do I Create a new CD/DVD Label project from scratch. (3/11/2016 1:22:12 PM)

You need to update to the latest version (free patch). There's a check for updates button in the program.

franksil -> RE: How do I Create a new CD/DVD Label project from scratch. (3/18/2016 11:04:31 AM)

Where do I find the Check For Updates button? I'm looking through the program and I can't find it.

JasonC -> RE: How do I Create a new CD/DVD Label project from scratch. (3/18/2016 11:16:15 AM)

quote:

Where do I find the Check For Updates button? I'm looking through the program and I can't find it.

Here is a screenshot on what to look for. This screenshot was taken using Windows 7 Ulitimate, but what you are looking for is the same across all operating systems.

Under Windows 8, the icon shows up as part of the tiles, and Windows 8.1, there is a button called "More Apps" at the bottom left of the screen when you access the Start Screen

[image]local://upfiles/5151/0CBC20D6D42F481EA1E0DB64ACB5717A.jpg[/image]

franksil -> RE: How do I Create a new CD/DVD Label project from scratch. (3/23/2016 2:11:19 PM)

Finally found the update and it worked! I FINALLY have CD/DVD templates. Many thanks to all who helped me. I really appreciate it!

JasonC -> RE: How do I Create a new CD/DVD Label project from scratch. (3/23/2016 2:50:45 PM)

quote:

Finally found the update and it worked! I FINALLY have CD/DVD templates. Many thanks to all who helped me. I really appreciate it!

You are welcome I am glad things did work out for you in the end. Have fun using the program and please feel free to use these forums to get help with the program whenever you like [;)]

ellengard -> RE: How do I Create a new CD/DVD Label project from scratch. (3/23/2016 4:23:50 PM)

I'm so glad you got the update, franksil. I wish the update could have been automatic - that would have avoided suddenly seeing nothing in the online gallery and raising so much ire. I admit when it happened to me, I thought it was because I had recently installed version 4.0, so I just deleted version 3.5 and never gave it another thought.

Good luck with making your DVD labels!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4