Where is Arial Black font? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 4.0

fishgutz -> Where is Arial Black font? (6/9/2016 4:51:19 PM)

Where is Arial Black in Print Shop 4.0. I have it somewhere on my computer as it shows up for email and Open Office. It doesn't show up in Windows (C:)> Windows>Fonts.

ellengard -> RE: Where is Arial Black font? (6/9/2016 5:00:54 PM)

The Print Shop gets its fonts from the Windows Fonts folder. You'll have to find where Open Office stores its fonts. Copy and paste the ones you want into the Windows Fonts folder.

fishgutz -> RE: Where is Arial Black font? (6/9/2016 5:10:21 PM)

I tried that. It tells me I already have Arial Black installed yet it isn't in the folder I mentioned.

ellengard -> RE: Where is Arial Black font? (6/9/2016 9:12:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: fishgutz
I tried that. It tells me I already have Arial Black installed...

Do you have the location of where the Arial Black font is installed?

ellengard -> RE: Where is Arial Black font? (6/9/2016 9:28:37 PM)

Alternatively, you can find a free download of Arial Black font. Install it to the Windows Font folder.

Oddly, I don't see Arial Black listed in my Fonts folder either, but I can select it when I type in WordPad. I can also copy/paste this text into a text box in a Print Shop project and it shows as Arial Black. I can't explain it, sorry. Don't know if you want to do this as a workaround.

fishgutz -> RE: Where is Arial Black font? (6/10/2016 3:53:18 PM)

Well then it looks like there is a problem with Print Shop 4.0. Hmm. Quite disappointing.

JasonC -> RE: Where is Arial Black font? (6/10/2016 10:37:11 PM)

quote:

Where is Arial Black in Print Shop 4.0. I have it somewhere on my computer as it shows up for email and Open Office. It doesn't show up in Windows (C:)> Windows>Fonts.

If you notice on Wordpad, this font is nothing special other than a bold style applied. Just click the "B" button when typing to duplicate the effect you see on Wordpad.

fishgutz -> RE: Where is Arial Black font? (6/10/2016 10:50:04 PM)

Sorry Jason. You are wrong. I've been using that font in an older version of Print Shop. It is a sort of double bold Arial. Can't get the same effect I used to with the old Print Shop. Very disappointed. Can't get a bold Arial Black like I used to.

ellengard -> RE: Where is Arial Black font? (6/11/2016 12:24:02 AM)

Since you say you don't see Arial Black in the Windows Font folder, download a free copy and install it. Although you said it is already installed, you didn't say where. It can't be in Windows Font folder because you already looked there.

JasonC -> RE: Where is Arial Black font? (6/11/2016 10:19:38 AM)

Sorry, Sometimes even with my glasses on I can't see the difference [:)]

The tools under "Headline" may be able to compensate for that as you can resize the headline boxes and drag them where you like. It can create that double effect if you manipulate the style enough.

fishgutz -> RE: Where is Arial Black font? (6/11/2016 11:57:49 AM)

Ok, so I've done everything everyone has suggested. I have Arial Black installed in my fonts. Windows 10 will only allow me to put it in the Arial file with all the other Arial fonts, not as a stand alone file in Fonts (Which is what I think I need).

What I really want to do is something that was quite easy in my old Print Shop program and that is to make a headline with Arial Black and then bold it. I want really fat, easy to read letters. It's for a design to be transferred onto a boat so the bolder the better.

Will Creative Fonts have what I need? I can only get very limited examples of the available fonts from the Creative Fonts ad.

Still disappointed. I thought the new Print Shop 4.0 would be all that my old Print Shop was but more. It just isn't measuring up.

ellengard -> RE: Where is Arial Black font? (6/11/2016 3:07:58 PM)

Did you try copy/paste from WordPad to Print Shop? Worked well for me. I am Win 7, not 10. Don't know it that makes a difference.

[image]local://upfiles/9017/3CB4DF6F62FB4C7397BD12C77665C6DE.jpg[/image]

I don't know about Creative Fonts.

fishgutz -> RE: Where is Arial Black font? (6/11/2016 5:39:07 PM)

Yeah, I can do what you are doing, but I want to manipulate it, reshape it, bold it. So try it again using a Headline and not Text.

fishgutz -> RE: Where is Arial Black font? (6/11/2016 5:40:20 PM)

Still seems pretty weak to have to use a different program to type in Print Shop. What the heck did I pay for?

ellengard -> RE: Where is Arial Black font? (6/11/2016 7:49:56 PM)

Arial Black is also NOT AVAILABLE to my Adobe Photoshop Elements program. Arial Black IS AVAILABLE to my Serif PagePlus program. The technical reason is beyond me. I do not work for Encore. I do freelance professional desktop publishing and I use several programs.

Not having Arial Black is not a deal breaker for me. If it is for you, choose another program. I can tell you that Serif PagePlus and Microsoft Publisher will be able to do Arial Black font.

fishgutz -> RE: Where is Arial Black font? (6/11/2016 9:25:31 PM)

Too late. I'm in $50 for this program and it doesn't work correctly. Zero tech support from Broderbund. Very disappointed.

JasonC -> RE: Where is Arial Black font? (6/12/2016 7:59:23 PM)

quote:

Too late. I'm in $50 for this program and it doesn't work correctly. Zero tech support from Broderbund. Very disappointed.

I'm not sure I'm following your posting correctly. We do stand by our products 100% through tech support. Did you submit a request for assistance and it did not get replied to?

I'd like to see how I can help.

If you click on my user name, you can send me a private message. Please let me know the email address you used when you requested support and I'll follow up on that.

Thanks [:)]

fishgutz -> RE: Where is Arial Black font? (6/12/2016 8:44:23 PM)

Jason,
Find Arial Black to make a headline in Printshop 4.0 with Windows 10.
Besides this forum, where do I get tech support for my question?
Point me to the exact location where I can find my answer. Also please read all my posts. You will understand what I'm trying to do.

JasonC -> RE: Where is Arial Black font? (6/12/2016 8:50:15 PM)

For the Deluxe version, you may submit your technical support request to http://support.encore.com/technicalsupport/tech_support_frm.aspx?product_id=3780

And for the Pro edition, here is the link: http://support.encore.com/technicalsupport/tech_support_frm.aspx?product_id=3781

On these forums, only "How to use the program" support is offered.

ellengard -> RE: Where is Arial Black font? (6/12/2016 9:42:57 PM)

Hi, Jason,

This is neither a functionality problem (fishgutz knows how to add text and headlines to his project) nor a tech problem (program is functioning within parameters - no error messages, no install problems).

Apparently, Arial Black font is a subset of the Arial font family. Print Shop cannot access "subsets".
quote:

Windows 10 will only allow me to put it in the Arial file with all the other Arial fonts, not as a stand alone file in Fonts

If Win 10 would allow Arial Black font to be installed as a separate font in the Windows Font folder, then Arial Black font would be available to the program. Making this happen is outside the scope of Encore tech support. Probably outside the scope of Microsoft tech support also.

I described a workaround solution, but fishgutz wants what just isn't part of the program's coding.

Your work around is also doable. i.e. use Arial font in Headlines. Then add bolding or outlining so the text looks very thick and heavy.

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4