Printing with HP Officejet Pro 8740 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 18.1 and older] >> PM Printing Specific Issues

Colbrook -> Printing with HP Officejet Pro 8740 (6/22/2016 1:23:18 PM)

I've run into a frustrating problem when I want to print an envelope on an HP Officejet 8740: I prepare the envelope in Printmaster 18.1 Platinum, change the paper tray guides to hold an envelope and then select as designated paper the proper sized envelope. When I do this I get an error message in PM that says I have to select plain letter paper. However, when I do that , the printer won't printer because it requires me to select an envelope if I've changed the guides to accommodate an envelope. What's a person to do?! Anyone else have this problem, and more importantly, has anyone solved it?

JasonC -> RE: Printing with HP Officejet Pro 8740 (6/22/2016 2:13:52 PM)

I don't have much experience with PM 18.1 but I was browsing through the archive of our threads and found this may be useful. http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=24685

ellengard -> RE: Printing with HP Officejet Pro 8740 (6/22/2016 3:47:00 PM)

For 20 years, the Printmaster ENVELOPE PROJECT was programmed to work with the paper setting at the default letter size. It only became a problem when printers were built with a paper size sensor. A natural workaround was to do a custom size SIGN project, rather than an ENVELOPE project.

Jason has pointed out the thread with a detailed explanation that should cover all contingencies.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4
1.953125E-02