Calendar Creator 2016 is missing a LOT of functionality (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> Calendar Creator (2016 Release)

CarolynFH -> Calendar Creator 2016 is missing a LOT of functionality (11/1/2016 2:38:09 PM)

I'm going to work with Calendar Creator 2016 a few hours more, but I'm pretty sure I'll end up returning it. It just doesn't make nice calendars as CC 12.1 did. Here are the issues I've encountered already - and I hope this forum will help me find solutions:
1) When the same event repeats daily for several days, is there a way to banner it across those days rather than having it repeat over and over each day? In 12.1 there was an option to Box or Banner an event. 2016 seems to Box only.
2) Is there a way to set defaults for each event category? Font size, color, attached clip art?
3) Why do events not show the end time - except that the last event in a string of daily repeats shows 12:00 whether that's entered or not!
4) Clip art is a real mess. Have you tried to search it? I clicked on Celebrations - Birthday and searched for Cake but got clip art of strands of yarn and numbers and I don't know what else. Also tried searching under Nature - Flowers for Rose and got clip art of an ampersand! Really??! And is there a way to add Clip Art to events, or can you only place it on the calendar itself?

ellengard -> RE: Calendar Creator 2016 is missing a LOT of functionality (11/1/2016 10:41:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: CarolynFH
... Clip art is a real mess. Have you tried to search it? I clicked on Celebrations - Birthday and searched for Cake but got clip art of strands of yarn and numbers and I don't know what else....

I don't have CC 2016, but I have the Storyrock version of PrintMaster which (I think) has the same Clip Art search feature. You have to put a check in the box to "Limit search to selected category". This will get you more relevant graphics.

JasonC -> RE: Calendar Creator 2016 is missing a LOT of functionality (11/1/2016 11:06:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: CarolynFH

I'm going to work with Calendar Creator 2016 a few hours more, but I'm pretty sure I'll end up returning it. It just doesn't make nice calendars as CC 12.1 did. Here are the issues I've encountered already - and I hope this forum will help me find solutions:
1) When the same event repeats daily for several days, is there a way to banner it across those days rather than having it repeat over and over each day? In 12.1 there was an option to Box or Banner an event. 2016 seems to Box only.
2) Is there a way to set defaults for each event category? Font size, color, attached clip art?
3) Why do events not show the end time - except that the last event in a string of daily repeats shows 12:00 whether that's entered or not!
4) Clip art is a real mess. Have you tried to search it? I clicked on Celebrations - Birthday and searched for Cake but got clip art of strands of yarn and numbers and I don't know what else. Also tried searching under Nature - Flowers for Rose and got clip art of an ampersand! Really??! And is there a way to add Clip Art to events, or can you only place it on the calendar itself?

Any text that is on the Calendar is easily editable by simply double clicking on the box which has the text on it. You do not have to highlight the text as you would with other programs, the text in the box will already be changed when you choose font style, color etc. Think of it as working with the Headline feature in PS 4.0 to an extent.

Unfortunately, there is no way to show the end time of an event through the event edit box (double clicking) however clicking on the T at the top of the screen easily allows you to add text so that's a workaround right there.

Clipart will go anywhere you place it on your project and will be finalized as part of the project. You can resize as you like and place it anywhere. Do a preview first before you commit to anything.

As far as the searching categories go, it's best to search for what you're looking for across all categories rather than limit yourself to the one category for better results. I did get some of the results you did when performing your search but also had gotten other results that would look better for clip art choices.

When it comes to the same event repeating, you could get a little creative and cover it up using the shapes too and designing a line (using shapes tool) that stretches from the start day to the finish day.

(The shape tool is the star button)

Hopefully I've given some pointers on basic functionality.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4