text print is blurry (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.5

antoniettek -> text print is blurry (11/19/2016 11:22:37 AM)

I've used Print Shop for many years. Now I've got a PC with Windows 10, and Print Shop 3.5 running on it. The problem I am having is that the text looks fine on the screen, but is printing blurry . I've tried adjusting printer settings, I've tried another Printer, and nothing seems to help.

ellengard -> RE: text print is blurry (11/19/2016 3:24:06 PM)

You've changed your operating system and you're using a different Print Shop? Have you updated your printer drivers to complement this?

confuzzled -> RE: text print is blurry (11/19/2016 4:12:19 PM)

If new printer drivers don't cure the problem. .....
What printer are you using? Also, check your print quality choices for paper type too. Mine did that, and I had it on draft while I was testing and forgot to put it back to normal. Are you almost out of ink? Is your paper secure as it goes thru the printer and not making any little "wiggles" in the feed?

Edit: also, how is the printout in another program, like word, or just printing an Internet page?

confuzzled -> RE: text print is blurry (11/19/2016 9:08:49 PM)

Another thought...... when you installed 3.5 on your Windows 10 system, did you do the updates to version 3.5.5?

ellengard -> RE: text print is blurry (11/20/2016 1:50:47 PM)

I'm so glad to see you around, Teri! You have v3.5.5 running on Win 10, and text is printing fine, right? I've never had a problem with the text printing blurry on any of The Print Shop versions, but on the older v3.0, the images printed blurry. That's all been fixed in the later versions.

antoniettek -> RE: text print is blurry (11/22/2016 7:54:16 PM)

Ok, I had 3.5 on my old computer. Got a new computer, installed the software. Looked for update, said I was running the latest update. Printing was blurry, you can read it, but it's terrible. Got a new printer, a Brother MFCL2707. Thought that was the problem, labels still print blurry. The only time it works fine is if I print as a jpg, but it doesn't print a full sheet, only 4 out of 10 labels. If I try to save as a PDF I get an error code 30. I've tried with older print cartidges, and new print cartridges. I've replaced the drum. I'm totally stuck and have no idea what to do other than scrap the whole thing.

oh and the printer is great in every other program except this one. ugh

thanks for any help !

ellengard -> RE: text print is blurry (11/22/2016 8:25:43 PM)

I feel your frustration. If you feel comfortable about emailing me your project, I can try to see how it prints at my end. I just sent an email to the address you registered with, so you can reply with an attachment, if you wish to do so.

Edited: The forum email system doesn't seem to be working right now. Please click member's name to view profile and email address.

antoniettek -> RE: text print is blurry (11/28/2016 10:22:24 PM)

Can you resend me that email? sorry for the delay, I fell down the basement stairs and fractured my pelvis...this definately has not been a great week, thanks!

ellengard -> RE: text print is blurry (11/28/2016 10:38:21 PM)

The forum email system doesn't seem to be working right now. Please view my profile and email address here http://forums.encoreusa.com/showProfile.asp?memid=9017

You will see my email address. Send your file my address. I don't post it here because it will get picked up by spammers.

So sorry about your accident! Hope you are feeling better every day.

confuzzled -> RE: text print is blurry (12/13/2016 5:51:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ellengard

I'm so glad to see you around, Teri! You have v3.5.5 running on Win 10, and text is printing fine, right? I've never had a problem with the text printing blurry on any of The Print Shop versions, but on the older v3.0, the images printed blurry. That's all been fixed in the later versions.

Yes, that is correct, though I haven't done any labels. I use mm and print directly to envelopes.

antoniettek, hope you're feeling some better. BTDT, and it truly was no fun, especially since they didn't find my pelvic break til almost a year after the fact. (Had so many other things broken at the same time, they missed it)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4