The Print Shop 4.0 will NOT open (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 4.0

Jeannete99 -> The Print Shop 4.0 will NOT open (11/27/2016 11:48:16 AM)

Hello,

I was working on a calendar, and after many hours of putting the calendar together (very slowly), I managed to save and print.

Once I printed, I noticed a misspelled word ... I have since tried to go back to the file to edit and reprint.

However, after printing, the program froze, and I have not been able to open TPS 4.0 ever again.

All night, I spent hours UNINSTALLING, cleaning registry, defragmenting, clearing residual installation files, etc.

I have done a clean installation. Yet, I click on the icon to open the program and I get NOTHING.

I only got this error once:

THE EXCEPTION UNKNOWN SOFTWARE EXCEPTION (0XE0434352) OCCURRED IN THE APPLICATION AT LOCATION 0XFD78A06D.

I haven't even been able to duplicate that error or open the program... Please help!

thanks,
Jeannette

ellengard -> RE: The Print Shop 4.0 will NOT open (11/27/2016 1:49:14 PM)

Submit a tech support ticket here:
http://support.encore.com/technicalsupport/tech_support_frm.aspx?product_id=3780

They identified a file in App Data folder that required manual deletion so that my reinstallation finally worked.

I hope you get up and running again soon. BTW, was your calendar project file size huge? Like over 40 MB? It's not uncommon for printers to choke on very large and complex files containing many pages, layers, images and effects. When I'm working in Photoshop, I always flatten my file before sending it to the printer. The closest thing The Print Shop has to "flatten" is export to JPG.

Also, huge complex files can crash the program when more edits and saves are done.

See this http://printshop.com/blog/2014/10/1/simplify-your-calendar-project.aspx
for a helpful technique to manage a large calendar project.

JasonC -> RE: The Print Shop 4.0 will NOT open (11/27/2016 10:42:49 PM)

I'm not sure what you're reinstalling from, but make absolute sure you're running version 4.01

If you're running version 4.0, you need to update for the best experience.

Emilyy -> RE: The Print Shop 4.0 will NOT open (4/20/2023 4:19:25 AM)

Check for software updates: retro bowl Make sure that The Print Shop 4.0 is fully updated. You can check for updates within the program or on the manufacturer's website.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4
1.464844E-02