Printing Issues - Prints only half of my project (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 4.0

Jeannete99 -> Printing Issues - Prints only half of my project (12/6/2016 11:07:36 AM)

Hello,

I've tried both of my printers, thinking there was something wrong with my printer.

However, I have created a 4x6 sign and it's all well on screen, but no matter where I print, the program only prints half of the project.

It's the same half each time.

Please HELP! :)

Thanks!

ellengard -> RE: Printing Issues - Prints only half of my project (12/6/2016 1:40:40 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeannete99
I have created a 4x6 sign and it's all well on screen, but no matter where I print, the program only prints half of the project.

I viewed your attachment, but I can't tell what size of paper stock you are using. What is the size of the paper you are inserting into the printer? Is it really 4x6? If so, did you set your printer for 4x6 stock?

However, if you are printing a 4x6 image onto say, 8.5x11 card stock, then make sure your printer is set for 8.5x11 card stock.

Jeannete99 -> RE: Printing Issues - Prints only half of my project (12/6/2016 6:06:33 PM)

I've tried everything.
I'm realizing now that no matter which Paper format I chose (either thru the program or printer settings) the Program thinks it's printing on LETTER size paper.

If I chose to print on a LETTER size sheet the print comes out in whole.

If I chose to print on 4x6, the printer takes in the paper as if it was a LETTER size; leaving a large margin and only printing half.

I have changed the setting in both locations, but it still prints as if I chose LETTER size.

Not having this issue with my other programs, JUST TPS 4.0 :(

So, instead, I have saved my creation as a JPG so I can print it as a 4x6 photo - but that's not what I want to do either, as I have to use another program to adjust the "photo" print :(

ellengard -> RE: Printing Issues - Prints only half of my project (12/6/2016 9:24:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeannete99
If I chose to print on a LETTER size sheet the print comes out in whole...
If I chose to print on 4x6, the printer takes in the paper as if it was a LETTER size; leaving a large margin and only printing half.
... saved my creation as a JPG so I can print it as a 4x6 photo - but that's not what I want to do either, as I have to use another program to adjust the "photo" print :(

Please confirm... your printer does have a 4x6 paper size setting which you tried.
Please also confirm... your project is a custom size SIGN project.
...and also that you have the latest Win10 drivers for your printers (assuming your OP is Win10).

If yes to all the above, try this alternative. Copy/paste all from your SIGN project, into a new blank Postcard project, choose double-sided landscape, 4x6. Remove the second page via the Project tab, "Remove Page".

Set your printer to 4x6 paper size, borderless/print to edge. Print.

For testing and to avoid wasting ink and good card stock, use scrap paper trimmed to 4x6, and put a white rectangle in the middle of your design. Only when you see that all four edges print fine, you can remove the white rectangle and make final prints on your good 4x6 photo paper.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4