Not Ready for Prime Time (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> Calendar Creator (2016 Release)

lem3 -> Not Ready for Prime Time (12/17/2016 12:25:33 AM)

The operating system issues that obsoleted 12.1 forced my move to the new version. I'm having issues.

1. I start by creating a calendar from scratch. I Add a Calendar Object. I need to resize it so there's a 1/2 inch margin on all sides. (This is a 20 second job in 12.1 using the Page Setup dialog.) I open the Edit Size dialog. What are these units? They aren't inches, they aren't millimeters. How do I get 1/2 inch margins?
  2. I use the Settings to change the format of the heading. The maximum size is 30? In 12.1 I just type in 50 to get what I want. Why does this limitation exist?
  3. I use Settings to change the format of the Weekday text. I choose my font, then click on B(old) and I(talic). I click OK, the weekday text is neither Bold or Italic.

I think requesting a refund and waiting for a possible version 2 may be the best plan.

djsull -> RE: Not Ready for Prime Time (1/2/2017 9:40:27 AM)

Yes this program is definitely not ready for prime time.

I’ve had multiple issues. It will not import event list. Support’s solution was to enter them manually.

The program now just locks up when trying to add a calendar or an event. No error message or anything. Per support’s instructions I have un-installed and re-installed multiple times. I’ve tried it on two different laptops with the same result. Support’s final solution is to wait for the developer to find a fix. Who knows when that will be?

This program just not functional.

It was disappointing when Encore stopped supporting CC12. But now they add insult to injury by releasing this program that, even if it actually worked, doesn’t have the kind of functionally that the original did. I don’t know how they can justify using the same name.

I’m returning for a refund.

ellengard -> RE: Not Ready for Prime Time (1/2/2017 7:31:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: djsull
...It will not import event list...

Actually, it does, but the file format must be txt, csv, or ics (from Google calendar). You need to export any previous calendar events file, to one of these formats, and then it will be compatible.

I agree with you that this new program is not an update of CC12 which was primarily focused on organizing and scheduling events and tasks. This new program has many calendar features, but the focus is on making a printed calendar which showcases photos and artwork. Great for making personalized gift calendars.

ellengard -> RE: Not Ready for Prime Time (1/2/2017 7:50:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: lem3
I need to resize it so there's a 1/2 inch margin on all sides. (This is a 20 second job in 12.1 using the Page Setup dialog.)

This new program is not an update of CC12. It's entirely new, so approaching it with a CC12 mindset will just be frustrating. The users' manual may have the answers you are looking for. However, I think the emphasis here is on making a nice looking wall calendar personalized with photos and artwork, much like the ones you can make at online sites where you pay for getting it printed and bound.

JasonC -> RE: Not Ready for Prime Time (1/3/2017 11:38:33 AM)

Hi everyone. Feedback on our new release of Calendar Creator is very important to us. Our developers do know about these forums and I've been collecting details from our posters here and submitting them to the developers when someone posts here.

But we don't have a time-frame on when certain things will be implemented / fixed.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4
1.367188E-02