Importing Google Calendar Fails; Please help (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> Calendar Creator (2016 Release)

Rogshap -> Importing Google Calendar Fails; Please help (1/15/2017 7:57:39 AM)

I just bought the current version of Calendar Creator for Windows 10. It says I can export my Google Calendar into an .ics and import that data into Calendar creator.
I've watched the videos and read the info. I follow the steps exactly. But it simply won't work.
Calendar creator doesn't give an error message, it just goes back to the import window.

I reached out to customer service but they simply said watch the videos.

Is this an actual capability CC offers? Or should I return the software knowing their product description is not honest?

Thanks.

DEJenc3 -> RE: Importing Google Calendar Fails; Please help (1/15/2017 4:27:35 PM)

Note that I have moved this thread to the appropriate forum, for the new Calendar Creator 2016 program.

As a test, I exported a a Google Calendar to an .ics file, and had a similar experience as Rogshap, unable to import the Google .ics into Calendar Creator, following the Help video as a guideline. It's unfortunate that Google Calendar does not offer an option to export to .csv, which is more likely to be imported successfully.

I was able to import a single .ics event, a television listing reminder from TitanTV, and although it appeared in Calendar Creator, the date information was for the following day, and the time was missing. I was able to import it into an Outlook online calendar where it appeared with the correct date and time.

I also found that the absence of "import" as an indexed topic in the CC 2016 Help file is an unfortunate shortcoming. When I found found "import" by searching Help, .ics is not mentioned as an importable format, though .csv is listed.

I hope the developers will review these concerns.

JasonC -> RE: Importing Google Calendar Fails; Please help (1/16/2017 12:50:51 PM)

Hi everyone,

I've made a report of this behavior and have sent it off to the developers.

Rogshap -> RE: Importing Google Calendar Fails; Please help (1/16/2017 7:56:21 PM)

Thanks to those who replied. So it seems like the company lied about this capability. I'll seek a full refund. Appreciate your confirmation.

DEJenc3 -> RE: Importing Google Calendar Fails; Please help (1/17/2017 12:37:41 AM)

It's not necessarily the case that a Google Calendar cannot be imported, but there may be limitations that haven't been elaborated. For example, my testing involved attempting to import a calendar that extended over multiple years. You might want to wait to see if there's a response on this forum from other users who may have had better success with importing a Google Calendar. There may also be an explanation or solution from the developers. Your own needs and patience would have to guide the decision in requesting a refund.

Rogshap -> RE: Importing Google Calendar Fails; Please help (1/17/2017 10:24:19 PM)

David...thanks. You are a more kind and patient person than I am. I don't have much patience for companies that don't deliver on their product descriptions or have easy help with customer service. This is a simple software that should work the way it is promised. Bummer they can't make it right. Hopefully, they'll refund my money and correct their product descriptions.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4