Moving from The Print Shop 23.1 to The Print Shop 4.0 What is the difference? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 4.0

artist1923 -> Moving from The Print Shop 23.1 to The Print Shop 4.0 What is the difference? (7/14/2017 4:41:56 PM)

►What is the difference between The Print Shop 23.1 and The Print Shop 4.0?
►Is there a new edition of The Print Shop 23.1?

I changed from Windows 7 to Windows 10 about 3 months ago. The Print Shop 23.1 I had began to have a delayed opening, sometimes to 2 or 3 minutes when it would suddenly come up and would be totally functional. I saw that Windows 10 updated itself about a week ago and now The Print Shop 23.1 will not open at all. Neither Windows 10 nor Broderbund had a solution to offer when I asked what could be done.

At that point I decided to order The Print Shop 4.0 because it seemed like advanced program. Now I am beginning to wonder if it is not completely another line of product. I can't seem to make sense of it at all. I was quite experienced with The Print Shop 23.1. I have used The Print Shop since at least 2000 or before if it was out before.

It does seem to me that Broderbund should take a little responsibility in moving The Print Shop 23.1 to Windows 10.

Thank you for you help and explanations.

ellengard -> RE: Moving from The Print Shop 23.1 to The Print Shop 4.0 What is the difference? (7/14/2017 6:21:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: artist1923
...The Print Shop 4.0 because it seemed like advanced program. Now I am beginning to wonder if it is not completely another line of product. I can't seem to make sense of it at all. I was quite experienced with The Print Shop 23.1. I have used The Print Shop since at least 2000 or before if it was out before.

4.0 and 23.1 are both considered desktop publishing programs, but were developed separately (and many years apart) so they look and work very differently. The techniques you learn in one program will not transfer to the other program.

That being said, learning 4.0 is not difficult. You just have to start over and learn from the 4.0 User Guide

ellengard -> RE: Moving from The Print Shop 23.1 to The Print Shop 4.0 What is the difference? (7/14/2017 7:33:12 PM)

quote:

I can't seem to make sense of it at all.

Check out these ideas and projects.

Some of the projects I've made:
[image]http://printshop.com/media/31767/6_500x649.jpg[/image]
[image]http://printshop.com/media/31773/7_500x648.jpg[/image]
[image]http://printshop.com/media/31865/3_499x350.jpg[/image]

JasonC -> RE: Moving from The Print Shop 23.1 to The Print Shop 4.0 What is the difference? (7/15/2017 12:18:16 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: artist1923

►What is the difference between The Print Shop 23.1 and The Print Shop 4.0?
►Is there a new edition of The Print Shop 23.1?

I changed from Windows 7 to Windows 10 about 3 months ago. The Print Shop 23.1 I had began to have a delayed opening, sometimes to 2 or 3 minutes when it would suddenly come up and would be totally functional. I saw that Windows 10 updated itself about a week ago and now The Print Shop 23.1 will not open at all. Neither Windows 10 nor Broderbund had a solution to offer when I asked what could be done.

At that point I decided to order The Print Shop 4.0 because it seemed like advanced program. Now I am beginning to wonder if it is not completely another line of product. I can't seem to make sense of it at all. I was quite experienced with The Print Shop 23.1. I have used The Print Shop since at least 2000 or before if it was out before.

It does seem to me that Broderbund should take a little responsibility in moving The Print Shop 23.1 to Windows 10.

Thank you for you help and explanations.

We do have a solution for the issue on Windows 10 creators update where it does not open. This involves uninstalling the .Net Framework 1.1 and reinstalling it. There are instructions here:

http://support.encore.com/technicalsupport/kb.aspx?kb_id=2075&product_id=2647

Because The Print Shop 23.1 is a very old program, the solution that is offered on our support site may not work if Microsoft decides to release a major wave of updates again. This is beyond our control unfortunately.

Our guest blogger has some wonderful advice for making your 23.1 projects compatible in The Print Shop 4.0. See here for more info: http://www.printshop.com/blog/2015/3/2/how-to-make-your-old-projects-compatible-in-new-programs.aspx

artist1923 -> RE: Moving from The Print Shop 23.1 to The Print Shop 4.0 What is the difference? (7/15/2017 6:40:36 PM)

TMLFAN4LIFE,

Thank you for your help. I went by your instructions and all went well until I tried to install .Net Framework 1.1 from your link and other pages which had a download for it. After the message said it was extracting and it seemed to finish I got the message "An error occurred while Windows Installer was initializing. Setup will now close."

I tried several times over and over again from different sites as I said, and I got the same results.

Do you have any more suggestions?

Thank you very much.

JasonC -> RE: Moving from The Print Shop 23.1 to The Print Shop 4.0 What is the difference? (7/15/2017 7:15:31 PM)

I am going to contact you through the forums for your email address, you should be receiving an email from me shortly. When Encore opens again at 8am CST, I will make sure we get a ticket in your name so I can help you directly with the troubleshooting tips and tricks :)

artist1923 -> RE: Moving from The Print Shop 23.1 to The Print Shop 4.0 What is the difference? (7/16/2017 1:31:42 PM)

Thank you, Jason Carver. I'll be watching for your email.

JasonC -> RE: Moving from The Print Shop 23.1 to The Print Shop 4.0 What is the difference? (7/16/2017 8:24:06 PM)

I sent you an email. It may have went to spam. Check your spam folder for my name, plus a gmail address

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4