Printmaster for Mac (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 7.0 (released 2015)

Mr. Music -> Printmaster for Mac (8/1/2017 10:48:20 AM)

I'm new to this forum, and I've used an older Windows version of Printmaster for many years, but I'm changing everything over to a Mac. Many things are different, but I can't seem to find how to link text boxes on separate pages. I do a lot of multi-page documents and I can't link the first page to the second page, etc. I'm sure it's just something simple that I've overlooked, but any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, are documents in the Windows version compatible with the Mac version, or will I have to re-format all my documents? Thanks in advance!

ellengard -> RE: Printmaster for Mac (8/1/2017 1:14:44 PM)

Unfortunately, the text box linking feature only works within the one page, not across to another page.

ellengard -> RE: Printmaster for Mac (8/1/2017 1:25:48 PM)

None of the projects made in PrintMaster 18.1 and earlier, are compatible with PM 7.0, neither Win nor Mac versions.

I think even projects created in the StoryRock powered Win versions 2.0 to 6.0 cannot be opened in a Mac version. However, doesn't hurt to try and find out for sure.

ellengard -> RE: Printmaster for Mac (8/1/2017 1:35:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Music
...will I have to re-format all my documents? Thanks in advance!

The closest thing to "re-formatting" your projects would be to export them as JPG files from your old Win computer. Since JPG files are just a flat image like a digital photo, you would use them as a background in a new project. It is better to delete all text from your old projects before exporting to JPG, so that you are not stuck with uneditable words.

JasonC -> RE: Printmaster for Mac (8/1/2017 7:49:10 PM)

ellengard is right only across one page. What's very funny is that files on a USB flash drive from Windows show up as a PM icon on the Mac, double clicking on a file from the Windows edition opens the program on the Mac but not the file. I did report this bit of oddness to our developers which were puzzled too.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4