Opening a saved calendar on multiple computers (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality

hkmeyers -> Opening a saved calendar on multiple computers (8/11/2017 2:03:48 PM)

I am having an issue opening a saved calendar on multiple PC's. I created and saved a calendar to a shared drive, and attempted to open it from a different computer but the calendar was blank. At first, you can see the entries in the thumbnails to the left, but not in the main calendar pages. But if you click on a thumbnail, the entries disappear completely. I need to have the ability to open and edit the calendar on multiple computers. Please advise.

Both computers have Calendar Creator v12 installed.

DEJenc3 -> RE: Opening a saved calendar on multiple computers (8/11/2017 2:23:42 PM)

Please have a look at this archived post:
http://forums.encoreusa.com/fb.asp?m=10568

It looks like it was and may still be possible to open a calendar file on a shared drive, since you say that you have CC installed on both computers. The archived post is old, and what may have been possible in older operating systems may not still be possible under the newest ones. You didn't state what operating system either computer runs, and it may not be important.

We're in unfamiliar territory for me, and if you don't see a solution in the linked article, we can search more in the archive, or someone who has done this will post.

JasonC -> RE: Opening a saved calendar on multiple computers (8/11/2017 2:28:05 PM)

Networked drives are not supported on any of our titles. You can use a USB flash drive or other savable media to transfer your projects from one computer to the other.

If it opens fine on the local computer but does not when remotely accessing it, that's because there are file permission issues associated with networkable drives.

Windows 8 / 10 is very picky on file sharing permissions, even though it's from an old tech note, it's crazy the way the networking components work.

If you have Windows 7 or below, let me know.

JasonC -> RE: Opening a saved calendar on multiple computers (8/11/2017 2:33:08 PM)

In general, when right clicking on a file and selecting the "Security" tab, make sure the mapped computer has all the permissions.

[image]local://upfiles/5151/0E2C80886F8F42938DD0DB369624B4BF.jpg[/image]

DEJenc3 -> RE: Opening a saved calendar on multiple computers (8/11/2017 3:00:44 PM)

Thanks, Jason. Could the users also copy the calendar file from one computer to the other over the network, or must it be done with an external drive because of file permission issues?

JasonC -> RE: Opening a saved calendar on multiple computers (8/11/2017 9:36:59 PM)

That would work better. As long as both machines can talk to each other placing a local copy of the file works.

Has to be a copy and paste as dragging from a network location results in just a shortcut icon and not the actual file [:)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4