Functions in CC for Mac (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> Calendar Creator (2016 Release)

galanc -> Functions in CC for Mac (10/26/2017 3:22:41 PM)

I have used CC off and on from its early DOS days. I am familiar with the calendar functions like &birthday and &anniv, but in the new Mac version they don't seem to work.
I put the start date in and then select that I want the birthday to repeat yearly, but it doesn't. I click the OK button and nothing happens. If I put a future date of say the same the day and month, but the year 2025, it puts an event on EVERY DAY!
How do I get it to repeat on the same day every year.
Help

JasonC -> RE: Functions in CC for Mac (10/26/2017 6:07:14 PM)

Just curious, by the functionality you want, do you mean banner style events?

Here is a post I did awhile back that explained they are not in this version but I was able to work around something representative of it

http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=52706

ellengard -> RE: Functions in CC for Mac (10/26/2017 6:43:53 PM)

No, Jason, the question is about making a specific event repeat, like a birthday, once a year. We know how to do it in CC12 and older. What about CC powered by Storyrock?

ellengard -> RE: Functions in CC for Mac (10/26/2017 6:56:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: galanc
...I want the birthday to repeat yearly, but it doesn't. I click the OK button and nothing happens. If I put a future date of say the same the day and month, but the year 2025, it puts an event on EVERY DAY!
How do I get it to repeat on the same day every year.

I do not have this version of CC, but from what I can see from the video tutorial, you open the Add Event box, click the down arrow next to the "Repeat", choose yearly, then choose a date when you want the repeat to end, such as 10 years from now.

It sounds like this is what you are doing, so the problem may be technical and Jason can see if he can duplicate the problem on his program, or if there is some other thing that needs to be toggled.

JasonC -> RE: Functions in CC for Mac (10/27/2017 8:45:09 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ellengard

No, Jason, the question is about making a specific event repeat, like a birthday, once a year. We know how to do it in CC12 and older. What about CC powered by Storyrock?

Okay all you have to do is double click on an event and press the advanced repeat button to have this functionality. It was originally not in the initial release of CC but we added it in a patch that everyone has now.

[image]local://upfiles/5151/92A54AF5B8EE44C581364FBEF564BB6C.jpg[/image]

ellengard -> RE: Functions in CC for Mac (10/27/2017 11:16:31 AM)

Thanks, Jason! Good to know about the patch.

JasonC -> RE: Functions in CC for Mac (10/27/2017 3:38:45 PM)

You're welcome. Just so you know, anyone who installs the program will automatically get the patch when the program is first launched. We check for an update every now and then Current version is 493.

galanc -> RE: Functions in CC for Mac (10/31/2017 2:30:06 PM)

Thanks everyone, I figured out what I was doing wrong.

ellengard -> RE: Functions in CC for Mac (10/31/2017 5:16:49 PM)

[sm=headbang.gif]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4
1.171875E-02