Print large posters (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> Printmaster v8 Platinum (released 2017)

Carol McVeigh -> Print large posters (2/13/2018 12:54:18 PM)

I was told by sales that I could print very large posters. I could do this with old version " American Greetings Print Premium 2". But, new program won't allow me to go over 36 inches. And, it doesn't give me lines as to where to cut individual pages so they can be put together into one poster. Am I just stuck with 36 inches or is there something I'm missing?

ellengard -> RE: Print large posters (2/13/2018 2:58:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Carol McVeigh
... print very large posters... lines as to where to cut individual pages so they can be put together into one poster.

I was able to create a SIGN project bigger than 36. I did 46 x 36. Span Enabled works for Signs and Banners, so my project will print on many letter size sheets that I would tape together. As for lines, I'm not sure why they are needed. Trim off the white margin on one side, tape that sheet over the corresponding white margin of the next sheet.

[image]local://upfiles/9017/C5C09D8BD4A34EA1B5EE6E20FDC3AA3A.jpg[/image]

ellengard -> RE: Print large posters (2/13/2018 3:27:58 PM)

As a test that won't waste a lot of ink, create a bigger than 36" sign and place a single white oval thinly outlined in black, stretched to all edges. Print. Assemble the sheets and see if the whole is the size you wanted it to be.

Alternate: print to PDF, so no paper is used. Apply math to the number of pages in the PDF to determine that the sheets put together would be the size you want your poster to be.

Carol McVeigh -> RE: Print large posters (2/13/2018 8:45:36 PM)

I tried to put in Project Type: Signs: Custom, Size: as 32 inches wide x 42 inches long. Program changes sizes to 32 x 32.
Does the width have to be the larger size? I want my poster to be the 32 inch width.

My old program had lines to cut and register marks. I guess I can try without them.

Thanks, Carol

ellengard -> RE: Print large posters (2/14/2018 1:24:17 AM)

This worked for me. My work space was 42 inches wide x 32 inches long. I couldn't make the length bigger than 33. So you may have to design your poster "landscape" then group all and rotate, and add more to the sides.

I printed to PDF with the Image set to Full Page. It took 15 pages (about 1403 square inches). 42x32 =1344 square inches. So I think that looks right. You would expect 15 pages would be needed to tape together a 42 x 32 inch poster.

BTW, I see that you can get professional poster printing (one big sheet, no taping of small sheets) for $35 for 36" x 48" If your poster is edge to edge color, professional printing is cheaper than inkjet printing at home. And one huge sheet looks better than 15 taped up papers.

Another online printer is offering $10 24x36 posters.

Carol McVeigh -> RE: Print large posters (2/15/2018 10:26:47 AM)

Thank you so much for your help. I'll try your new info. You're correct on number of pages, I use 16 now on old program. I don't know why they changed such a simple and complete system for doing large posters. Carol

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4