Copy and Paste Functionality (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> Calendar Creator (2016 Release)

HRTE -> Copy and Paste Functionality (3/13/2018 11:44:26 AM)

I hope that I have found the correct forum!!!

I have been a long time user of CC. The older verion I had worked extremely well with coping and pasting as many events that I wanted from one day to another. I use this as my schedule for my staff so the importance of copy and paste is vital. I bought Calendar Creator Deluxe12 and let it sit on the shelf for a while. I have now installed it and I am trying to copy, as I did with the old version, by using the shift key and copy multiple events. This versions seems to only allow you to copy one event at a time. Am I missing something? Help please! Thanks

JasonC -> RE: Copy and Paste Functionality (3/13/2018 2:42:55 PM)

I am not sure what you are referring to in the New Calendar Creator but copying and pasting events simply is not a feature inside this version. If you have a CSV file, it would be helpful to go into the old program and export those events and then use the Events Viewer in order to have those events appear on your new calendar.

The button to the left of the check mark is your events list. Click on that.

Above the OK button is your import and Export buttons. Click on the Import button and tell the program where your CSV file is on your computer.

Your imported events now appear in the program.

HRTE -> RE: Copy and Paste Functionality (3/13/2018 2:48:52 PM)

Say I'm on a monday and I have 5 staff that works the same shift M, T, W, Th & Fri. In a much older version I was able to select all 5 staff, do a control A, or select all and then copy. I was able to copy to each day if I so wanted to. Now, I can select 1 and only one and copy.
Are there other versions that will allow copying of multiple events?
My old files will be usless if I'm unable to copy. Thanks for you assistance in advance.

JasonC -> RE: Copy and Paste Functionality (3/13/2018 3:33:58 PM)

That is not possible as Control A on the main calendar selects the calendar object itself. Right clicking on copy would copy a carbon copy of the other calendar.

Pressing Control A on the events viewer appears to select all the events but there is no functionality that would support working with them after highlighting them all as you would need to work with each calendar individually.

I'm not able to suggest any program other than ours for suggestions on programs. Sorry about that.

This version of Calendar Creator is not an upgrade from the older versions but a completely re-written program that tries to capture the feel of the other program.

DEJenc3 -> RE: Copy and Paste Functionality (3/13/2018 4:41:52 PM)

quote:

In a much older version I was able to select all 5 staff, do a control A, or select all and then copy. I was able to copy to each day if I so wanted to. Now, I can select 1 and only one and copy.

What you're describing may have worked in a very old version of Calendar Creator. It does not, however, work in Calendar Creator 12.1, the most recent version prior to the 2016 release. The program worked in similar ways to 12.1 for many years prior to the final 12.1 version, after which new developers assumed responsibility for design.

In CC12.1, while in the calendar view, you can copy a single event, and paste it to another day. In the Event List view, you can select multiple events and paste, but you can't select the target date. You would go to the original date of each event, where you'll see 2 of the same event, then change the event date for one of them to the new one. If you are looking in the Event List view, you'll see the duplicate events within the sort order of the Event List, which may not place the events next to each other in all view sorts.

Please clarify, if you can, the version of Calendar Creator that you are using now, and of the older one where you were able to do what you described.

ellengard -> RE: Copy and Paste Functionality (3/13/2018 4:51:53 PM)

[image]http://forums.encoreusa.com/upfiles/5151/093284CE3F6B4564B264C26541FA8EF5.jpg[/image]
This is a screen snip of the current StoryRock version of Calendar Creator. If your interface looks different, you have the old version 12.1.

However, both David and Jason have explained that the copy/paste you want is not available in the newest program nor in v12.1.

Just an idea... what about creating an event that is the 5 staffers, and repeat this event for M, Tu, W, Th, and F?

HRTE -> RE: Copy and Paste Functionality (3/13/2018 5:13:31 PM)

Thanks for the responses. My CC12 version does not have the User Guide so it must be older.

Ok, now we are going old school, version I really liked!!!
Calendar Creator Plus for Windows
Power Up Software - I assume that Broderbund bought them?
Version 2.0.21.0

Don't laugh, because it was a work horse. I used it since probably 1994.

I could only run it in Windows XP Mode, but unfortunately, now it is crashing with just about any click.

I will try a few work arounds with he newer version, but it is not the same individuals working the same days come April. We are a company that will run various staff, various times of the day and week.

Thanks again for your responses!

Brian

ellengard -> RE: Copy and Paste Functionality (3/13/2018 10:33:55 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: HRTE
Calendar Creator Plus for Windows... Version 2.0.21.0... I used it since probably 1994.
I could only run it in Windows XP Mode, but unfortunately, now it is crashing with just about any click.

True, it is not supported on Win 10 and probably not Win 7 either. If your company has an old XP computer, maybe that would be a solution.

quote:

I will try a few work arounds with he newer version, but it is not the same individuals working the same days come April. We are a company that will run various staff, various times of the day and week.

How about creating a text box with the names? Copy/paste the text box and position it on the appropriate day. However, text boxes are not events so event functions will not apply.

There's always the option of creating new events (certain names/ times) and editing the repeat rules for the particular days.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4