PrintMaster 6.0 freezes when trying to print (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 6.0 (released 2013)

EliBee -> PrintMaster 6.0 freezes when trying to print (8/6/2018 9:58:09 PM)

When we try to print, PrintMaster 6.0 often freezes and needs to be killed with Task Manager. Please see the attached image and kindly advise. Thanks.

ellengard -> RE: PrintMaster 6.0 freezes when trying to print (8/7/2018 3:57:22 PM)

Odd, I can't view this attachment - Could you try again and check the box Embed picture in post. That displays the image.

Even without seeing the attachment, I know that my printer can stall when the PrintMaster project is exceptionally large esp. when there are multiple pages, multiple high-res photos, and multiple special effects.

Simplifying the project by "flattening" everything to one image, makes it easier for the printer driver to render the project.

Try save as... best quality jpg. Then bring the jpg(s) into a new project. Print.

JasonC -> RE: PrintMaster 6.0 freezes when trying to print (8/7/2018 5:31:41 PM)

You would not happen to be using Win 10 are you? I have seen a major incompatibility since the latest update and sometimes the program freezes for no apparent reason. Even gets unusable at times.

My suggestion is to make sure you are using the latest update build. Click on Help > Check for Update.

You should see if there are any patches.

Note - I don't seem to see this problem in V7 and up so if you can find a copy of v7 for cheap that may be the route to go but again v6 is only 32 bit so you may be maxing out the memory.

Ellengard has a great suggestion too.

EliBee -> RE: PrintMaster 6.0 freezes when trying to print (8/7/2018 8:59:05 PM)

Thank you both for your replies.
I've tried reattaching the screenshot.
This particular screenshot was actually taken immediately after starting a new project and going straight to print - so it's definitely not too big of a project. I also did check for updates but there were none.

[image]local://upfiles/28411/8A9202D3C0884865A468D2A37EDC1819.jpg[/image]

ellengard -> RE: PrintMaster 6.0 freezes when trying to print (8/8/2018 11:22:48 AM)

Yes, definitely not the project complexity causing that. Looks like a program-printer incompatibility? Is your printer driver the latest for Win8? Even if it is the latest, I recall someone had printer issues and a simple reinstall of the printer driver fixed it.

Try exporting your project as PDF, then print the PDF when opened in Adobe Reader. If that prints OK, that would be a workaround solution if it turns out the program-printer incompatibility can't be fixed.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4