PM V8 doesn't work on Mac OS High Sierra (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> Printmaster v8 Platinum (released 2017)

AlainBob -> PM V8 doesn't work on Mac OS High Sierra (8/9/2018 3:02:32 PM)

I downloaded the program and installed it on my iMac under Mac OS X - High Sierra (10.13.6). Before that, I made sure I had the latest version of Java on my Mac. The installation went ok but when I start the program, I have the "beach ball" turning and when I look the list of open programs, PrintMaster is listed as "not responding"...

I uninstalled the program, then reboot my computer and installed it again... still not working !

Any ideas ???

Thanks

JasonC -> RE: PM V8 doesn't work on Mac OS High Sierra (8/10/2018 7:26:56 AM)

Force quit the program.

Make sure you have just the desktop on your screen

See the word Go at the top? Click on that. Hold down the Alt key on your keyboard and you will find the word Go. Click on GO.

Now, find a folder named Preferences and double click it.

Inside preferences you will need to find a file called Printmaster 8 Platinum.prefs

Delete that file to the trash bin and the program wont do that at launch anymore.

If you can't find the file I mentioned above, it is in there sometimes difficult to find so you may need to sort your files alphabetically.

AlainBob -> RE: PM V8 doesn't work on Mac OS High Sierra (8/10/2018 8:40:28 AM)

Thanks for your answer but...

... at first, I did exactly what you said and when I started PM, it didn't work. So I uninstalled it another time and made sure every files related to PrintMaster where deleted (I'm a retired programmer so I have some knowledge about computers).

Then, I re-installed PM and ... it worked ! Yeah !!!

Well, it was v*e*r*y s*l*o*w but it worked. Then, after quitting the program and restarted it a few minutes later, guess what ? The infamous beach ball balloon is there and the program is still "not responding"...

So, will I have to do this every time I want to use PM ? Do you have other ideas ?

Here are the specs of my iMac:
- iMac mid 2010
- Processor Intel Core i5 3,6 GHz
- 8 Gb RAM DDR3
- 1 Tb internal drive

I also use Kaspersky Internet Security app and Clean My Mac app. Can one of these apps interfere with PM ?

Thanks !

Alain R.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4