Print Shop 23 Fix for Windows 10 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 4.0

Gr@nnyNet08 -> Print Shop 23 Fix for Windows 10 (11/19/2018 8:14:38 PM)

Hi! I am brand new on the Forum, and just joined because I have something I've wanted to share for a long time. I am assuming that most of you in this Forum have become accustomed to and like PrintShop 4. Good for you! This is for others who - llike me - have not been so lucky. Not only does mine not work much of the time, but I just do not like the way it operates, and it removed many of the features I counted on in PrintShop 23. For those of you who wish you could get back to PS 23 and use it on Windows 10, I found a solution that worked for me: First, install PS 23 (if it was already on your pc when you upgraded to Windows 10, reinstall it.) Before you open the program, go to "Search" and type in "TroubleShooter." A list of TroubleShooter programs will appear; scroll down to "Program Compatibility Troubleshooter" and select that. A window will open that will guide your actions from there. Mine suggested using the settings for use with Windows 7 (the version PS 23 was designed for) and that has worked perfectly for me. Occasionally a Windows update has screwed up the program again somewhat, but it was easily fixed by repeating the Troubleshooter process above - a small price to pay to be able to again use the program I've loved for so many years.

Good luck to any of you who wish to try this, and Happy Holidays to all!

PS: This process also worked for two other older applications I use that were not supposed to be compatible with Windows 10.

JasonC -> RE: Print Shop 23 Fix for Windows 10 (11/19/2018 10:20:52 PM)

To be honest, your fix sounds like a very simple and easy fix that looks like it will work :)

There are other solutions in the knowledge base but require a bit of extra work.

Thank you so much for sharing your fixes here, the Print Shop community appreciates it [:)]

Deleted User -> [Deleted] (2/26/2020 11:46:18 PM)

[Deleted by Admins]

JasonC -> RE: Print Shop 23 Fix for Windows 10 (2/27/2020 1:19:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: kevinbear

I did this on a school PC cause it was running Windows 7 or 8 I can't recall yet now the guideline is searching for the individual who made it run Windows 10

Older copies of Print Shop 23.1 used a product called Net Framework 1.1 which in this case, if the computer was upgraded to Windows 10, the product would not work. This requires you to download a tool called the NET Framework Cleanup Tool.

You have to uninstall the program first, run the Net Framework Cleanup Tool and choose only 1.1 and then click "Cleanup Now"

Once the tool is ran and finished, you reboot your computer, and then install the older program. Please note that I checked to see if we still host this file locally but we do not.

You may be able to find this on a reputable website that has this file through a Google Search.

If you have any questions about the use of this tool it is suggested that you consult a computer professional.

Please note that this is a Band Aid fix and is not guaranteed to work in the future. Microsoft reserves the right to discontinue support for apps that require Net Framework 1.1

We suggest purchasing the updated version of PS 23.1 from Broderbund.com, the item number is 2325. If you have any sales questions, please send us an email or call 1-800-395-0277 prior to purchasing.

Customers who buy this product will gain access to Technical Support for The Print Shop 23.1

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4
1.586914E-02