creating an actual address book (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 4.0

csparlin -> creating an actual address book (12/3/2018 7:40:06 AM)

I want to create an actual address book that I can merge all the saved addresses into. When I create it as a brochure, it repeats the same address over and over, how do I add a variety of addresses and people in the same document?

ellengard -> RE: creating an actual address book (12/3/2018 1:01:39 PM)

You can read the address book and mail merge instructions in the User Manual or have a look at my video tutorials here:

http://ellengard.weebly.com/printmaster-60-and-print-shop-35.html#ab
http://ellengard.weebly.com/printmaster-60-and-print-shop-35.html#mm

csparlin -> RE: creating an actual address book (12/3/2018 8:35:44 PM)

I did those things. I set up the address book, made the merge info, pasted several into a bulletin, selected the names from the address book and then mail merge one contact per sheet. The problem is that it repeats the first contact 4 times instead of listing the new contacts. Any further suggestions?

ellengard -> RE: creating an actual address book (12/3/2018 11:39:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: csparlin

I did those things. I set up the address book, made the merge info, pasted several into a bulletin, selected the names from the address book and then mail merge one contact per sheet. The problem is that it repeats the first contact 4 times instead of listing the new contacts. Any further suggestions?

You lost me at "pasted several into a bulletin". You have several mail merge boxes on one bulletin? That may be the problem. If you put 4 mail merge text boxes on the same project, you will get those 4 contacts repeated.

Normally, you would have one mail merge text box per project, such as an envelope or a newsletter (where the mailing address is printed in a spot that appears under the transparent window of an envelope, once the newsletter is folded and stuffed into that envelope.

I tested this out and had no problems. I put one mail merge text box on my newsletter, selected 5 names from my address book and did a print mail merge. I ended up with 5 newsletters, each one with a different name printed on them, the idea being that each person gets their own copy of my newsletter.

ellengard -> RE: creating an actual address book (12/4/2018 12:25:48 AM)

For example:

[image]local://upfiles/9017/0CB35F8259854FB3958B6604547A7A7C.jpg[/image]

ellengard -> RE: creating an actual address book (12/4/2018 12:50:51 AM)

In this other example, I chose a post card project that prints 4 per sheet. In this case, I added the one text box to the project. I mail merged with 4 names from the address book, choosing one contact per item. My page printed with the four different names.

[image]local://upfiles/9017/EBA957E7B0EF45F687F0352A642E4ED0.jpg[/image]

ellengard -> RE: creating an actual address book (12/4/2018 12:55:34 AM)

This is the project showing the one mail merge text box.

[image]local://upfiles/9017/25452225E08F4E81B9AA346A69C5D4F7.jpg[/image]

csparlin -> RE: creating an actual address book (12/4/2018 10:17:21 PM)

thank you, I was hoping to put multiple mail merges into one document in order to create an address book. I ended up creating postcards with the different addresses etc. and creating an address book with each postcard. At least now I won't keep trying to get things to work the way I was trying at first. Thanks.

ellengard -> RE: creating an actual address book (12/4/2018 10:51:15 PM)

OK, so you had mentioned a brochure and a bulletin, but you never said you just wanted to just print out the address book. If so, I would have recommended that you click the Print Address Book button in the Address Book. Easy. No mail merging.

[image]local://upfiles/9017/5FC9D68FF2DD4A3CB920C3BDD90A9EE0.jpg[/image]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4