Problem with printing using mail merge (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 7.0 (released 2015)

Fran -> Problem with printing using mail merge (12/8/2018 2:22:45 PM)

I have a Mac (High Sierra) and a PC (Windows 10). I am using PrintMaster Platinum version 7, and have both loaded on the computers. When trying to PRINT, I add Info to label (Title, first name, etc). I choose "Print at Home", select names from address book, print preview, yes use mail merge. Now the PROBLEM! Preview shows the names I chose, but renders to one name per page (ie. 4 pages with one name on each page) . If I only want 4 names it shows the same name 4 times on each page (4 "A's" on 1 page, 4 "b's on the next page, etc). Also anything from PrintMaster that I do (Labels in particular) prints out double-sided. I have had my Printer checked by technicians and it is correctly set to print single-sided. MS Word and other projects I do all print single sided unless I change my settings to double-sided. Also cannot choose a "START" Label on my label sheet if I have already used some of the labels. Have used PrintMaster for 20 years as a teacher (it WAS so simple. I loved it). I continued to upgrade as the years advanced. Since older versions are no longer supported, I had to upgrade to V-7. Is anyone else having these issues?? Is V-8 any better/simpler? I would appreciate any help I can get on this. Thanks

ellengard -> RE: Problem with printing using mail merge (12/8/2018 4:34:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fran
... Preview shows the names I chose, but renders to one name per page (ie. 4 pages with one name on each page) . If I only want 4 names it shows the same name 4 times on each page (4 "A's" on 1 page, 4 "b's on the next page, etc).

...Also anything from PrintMaster that I do (Labels in particular) prints out double-sided. I have had my Printer checked by technicians and it is correctly set to print single-sided. MS Word and other projects I do all print single sided unless I change my settings to double-sided.

... Also cannot choose a "START" Label on my label sheet if I have already used some of the labels.

Please confirm that you have checked one contact per item
[image]http://ellengard.weebly.com/uploads/1/5/9/6/15968908/3118086_orig.jpg[/image]

Everything printing double-sided is really weird. A possible workaround: Save as PDF. Print the PDF using the printer settings in Adobe Reader.

Unfortunately, there is no option to choose a starting label position other than a workaround where you convert your project to full avery sheet (warning - you will not be able to undo the full avery sheet option, so save BEFORE, do not save after.) Once you have full avery sheet, you can edit specific areas on the label sheet. Although this works well with regular labels, I am not sure if it will when mail merging is involved.

ellengard -> RE: Problem with printing using mail merge (12/8/2018 4:41:46 PM)

http://ellengard.weebly.com/blog/printmaster-70-mail-merge

I wrote a tutorial for mail merging using version 7. At the time, I had no problems - no unwanted double-sided printing nor printing unwanted duplicates. In my example, I selected two contacts. Two mailing labels were printed correctly.

You may have an incompatibility issue, sorry, I don't know.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4