Change inches into centimeters and Letter into A4 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> Printmaster v8 Platinum (released 2017)

Ruitertje -> Change inches into centimeters and Letter into A4 (11/23/2019 6:33:13 AM)

Hello, my name is Renate and I'm new here. I have worked till now with an very old PrintMaster and I still like it, but I finally wanted to try a newer version…. And although I'm really not a beginner with programs and computers, within the first minute I found myself a problem. I use A4 instead Letter, centimeters instead of inches and I like to changes this basic properties.

For my first trial I would like to make a card using half fold A4 or quarter fold A4, using a template for this first time. I can't find anything wat matches...….
Can anyone give me some advice about this??

In the meantime, I will play with the program [:)]

Thanks in advance and have a good day!
Renate

lindarobin -> RE: Change inches into centimeters and Letter into A4 (11/23/2019 7:46:34 PM)

I am using the 2019 version, but I think it is basically the same as 8.0. As far as I can see, the rulers and guides are in inches only, so that's unfortunate.

I thought there was an option to convert projects from one size to another (e.g. U.S. letter to A4), but turns out I was thinking of The Print Shop 5.0. I do not see a built-in feature that will change a Ready-Made project's paper size. The workaround would be to copy everything to the clipboard, then paste the clipboard contents to a new A4 project.

lindarobin -> RE: Change inches into centimeters and Letter into A4 (11/23/2019 8:27:31 PM)

Here is an example of a simplified workaround where I took a Ready-Made quarter-fold card which is U.S. letter size, exported it to best quality JPG, opened a new A4* sign project, added the JPG and stretched it to fit. It does mean that the original proportions aren't maintained, but sometimes that's OK, as you can see in the image below.

Otherwise, copy and paste elements so that you can keep the original proportions of each element.

[image]local://upfiles/72/16C13F448EB34F5D9E895C076755000D.jpg[/image]

*in the 2019 version, there is an A4 option; in the 8.0 version, you have to create a custom size and type in the A4 dimensions in inches.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4