Envelope printing (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 6.0

SheilaS -> Envelope printing (12/20/2020 2:22:49 PM)

I'm printing to an HP 8600 plus.
MS word will print to a #10 envelope.
Print Shop will cause a "wrong size" error.
I have tried various combinations such as using just the built in #10 envelope during "create" and then printing using #10 as a choice on the "print" screen.
Using any combination leads to the same result.

Actually I'm trying to print an envelope that comes with Avery 3625 which wouldn't, even creating a "special size" from the menu. However when you go to print, the envelope that I just created does not show up on the "print menu" screen.

The HP is another matter.

So I tried just to print a #10 to see what would happen and no change.
Help.

lindarobin -> RE: Envelope printing (12/20/2020 11:27:02 PM)

If your project is a #10 envelope project and your printer setup is the #10 envelope stock and you insert a #10 envelope into your printer, it should work.

Sounds like a program bug or incompatibility between print and program. A workaround is to create a PDF, then print the PDF from Acrobat Reader. That avoids printing from Print Shop.

Hold it, I just realized you said Avery 3625 which does not correlate with #10 envelope. So if you tell your printer #10 envelope, but you are inserting a different size envelope, then the wrong size error is to be expected.

If your HP has the option to add custom size envelopes to its stock list, you need to do that first. Matching up the project size with the actual paper stock size will avoid the wrong size error.

SheilaS -> RE: Envelope printing (12/21/2020 8:02:44 AM)

Um, I might have phrased that wrong.
I put a #10 envelope in the printer as a test.
#10 in the cassette, #10 in create and #10 in the "print" menu.
The printer then responded with a size mismatch.
The HP envelopes are center fed from the cassette if that helps.

lindarobin -> RE: Envelope printing (12/21/2020 2:56:18 PM)

OK, then, perhaps we are looking at a printer/program incompatibility. If that is the case, first thing is to check for the latest drivers for your printer model.

If you have the latest drivers installed, then I would be at a loss for making your HP printer work with the program. I would do the workaround I suggested earlier.

SheilaS -> RE: Envelope printing (12/23/2020 2:06:21 PM)

I can't get anything out of HP and I don't know how the printing is handled by the printer or for that matter Printshop. I had no issues with an older model that was fed from the right side, though I can't recall if I used it with Photoshop; I've got at least 3 versions.

I have another question- if I create a custom envelope, in my case "Avery 3265", it does not appear in the "drop down" print screen when going to print. Could that be part of the problem???

Thank you for your efforts!
Sheila

lindarobin -> RE: Envelope printing (12/23/2020 9:53:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SheilaS

I can't get anything out of HP and I don't know how the printing is handled by the printer or for that matter Printshop.

Here's the link to HP to find and download the most current driver for your printer.
https://support.hp.com/ca-en/drivers/printers

quote:

I have another question- if I create a custom envelope, in my case "Avery 3265", it does not appear in the "drop down" print screen when going to print. Could that be part of the problem???

Yes, that is part of your problem. You haven't yet created the custom envelope in your HP stock settings.
[image]local://upfiles/72/27E6581187E946068C3658BB084962F0.jpg[/image]
This is my Samsung printer settings for creating a custom stock. Look for something similar in your HP settings.

I don't know your printer. It's possible it doesn't allow custom stock. If that's the case, just select a stock that is very close. Adjust the paper feed for that stock and insert your envelope within the feeder. I don't know if your HP can sense if the envelope doesn't match the space in the feeder. You are out of luck if it does. You'll just have to buy or make an envelope that is listed in the HP stock list.

What I would do is trim a piece of paper to the dimensions of the stock I select from the HP list. Then I would tape my actual envelope to that paper. This should trick the printer into not detecting a wrong size.

If your HP lists A9 envelope, I believe that is the one you want to chose.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4