PM8 not printing correctly (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> Printmaster v8 Platinum (released 2017)

nonnox15 -> PM8 not printing correctly (4/15/2021 3:12:06 PM)

I have been using PM 8 for a few years.
Occasionally I will have issues with it.
I use it mainly to print half fold greeting cards.
The last one I printed was in March.
Now I am trying to print another card and it won't print on the card stock properly.
It is not entered or does not print all of the card.
I have tried all of the different adjustable options on my Epson WF-3520 as well as the PM 8 program.
Can anyone give me some help on this?
Think you.

ellengard -> RE: PM8 not printing correctly (4/15/2021 10:57:49 PM)

A workaround for printing problems that I have found helpful is to export my project to PDF. Open and print the PDF from Adobe Reader.

nonnox15 -> RE: PM8 not printing correctly (4/16/2021 3:16:17 PM)

The first picture is the project ready to print. This is correct, page 4 on the left and page 1 on the right.
Notice the border around the edge is wide. I used to be able to print almost to the edge of the card.

nonnox15 -> RE: PM8 not printing correctly (4/16/2021 3:32:18 PM)

In this photo previewing to print, only project page four is shown. If I select print it will only print half of the sheet of the card stock.
This seems to occur when I select print 5.0 x 8.0 in the image presets. If I select 5.0 x 7.0, it will have project pages 1 and 4 but will have a wide border around the sheet.

nonnox15 -> RE: PM8 not printing correctly (4/16/2021 3:40:38 PM)

Sometimes, like on this photo, the project pages are not in the right order. In this photo the project page 1 has the right photo but on the left side which is supposed to be page 4 is actually page 2.
I don't understand how this happens considering the settings aren't changed. Sometimes they are in the rigt order and sometimes not. This includes all four project pages.

nonnox15 -> RE: PM8 not printing correctly (4/16/2021 3:43:19 PM)

This is supposed to be WYSIWYG. But this is Project Page 1 and it looks good but it goes to print the whole page is not printed.
I've not had this problem until recently.

lindarobin -> RE: PM8 not printing correctly (4/16/2021 8:48:59 PM)

You may have incompatibility issues between Win 10 and PM8 which is a pre-Win 10 program. Try the PDF workaround, if the pages are in the correct order.

ellengard -> RE: PM8 not printing correctly (4/16/2021 9:41:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: nonnox15
...Notice the border around the edge is wide. I used to be able to print almost to the edge of the card.

You should be able to print almost to the edge as long as you have minimized your margins in the Page Setup.

I use letter size stock, but make 5x7 cards, so I expect large margins that I can trim off to achieve a "full-bleed" 5x7 card.

ellengard -> RE: PM8 not printing correctly (4/16/2021 9:45:21 PM)

quote:

Sometimes, like on this photo, the project pages are not in the right order. In this photo the project page 1 has the right photo but on the left side which is supposed to be page 4 is actually page 2.
I don't understand how this happens considering the settings aren't changed. Sometimes they are in the rigt order and sometimes not. This includes all four project pages.

My experience with "Create from scratch" half-fold cards is that the pages do print in the right order. It is the print preview that is wrong.

ellengard -> RE: PM8 not printing correctly (4/16/2021 9:54:12 PM)

quote:

In this photo previewing to print, only project page four is shown. If I select print it will only print half of the sheet of the card stock.
This seems to occur when I select print 5.0 x 8.0 in the image presets. If I select 5.0 x 7.0, it will have project pages 1 and 4 but will have a wide border around the sheet.

Yes, if you select smaller image presets, you naturally get larger borders. Generally, you would never choose a different image preset from the size of your project. If you designed your card a certain size, but then wanted to print it at a different scale - that's when you choose another image preset in conjunction with checking Scale to Fit.

lindarobin -> RE: PM8 not printing correctly (4/16/2021 11:21:19 PM)

quote:

...I use it mainly to print half fold greeting cards.

If you continue to have incompatibility issues with the half fold greeting card project, consider doing the "simpler" landscape blank page project. That may bypass any incompatibility issues, and it really is WYSIWYG.

[image]local://upfiles/72/48B2F88D65FF4F51A16ABAF8900C7AEE.jpg[/image]

JasonC -> RE: PM8 not printing correctly (4/19/2021 11:13:03 AM)

Just so everyone knows, it appears some update in Windows 10 has been causing some funny business in the printing department, and other program abnormalities. We have our developers looking into these issues and taking the best approach to resolving them.

PM 2020 may be an option to upgrade to, however it has a very limited capability of opening files from Print Master v8 Platinum. It is more compatible on Windows 10, however.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4