Removing empty fields from mail merge print (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 6.0

krprinting -> Removing empty fields from mail merge print (11/24/2021 12:00:03 PM)

I am trying to print labels. A few of the addresses in my address book have data in the Primary Address Line 2 field, but most do not. The addresses without data in the Address Line 2 field print a blank line on the label. How can I suppress the printing of Primary Address Line 2 when the field is empty?

ellengard -> RE: Removing empty fields from mail merge print (11/24/2021 5:32:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: krprinting
...The addresses without data in the Address Line 2 field print a blank line on the label. How can I suppress the printing of Primary Address Line 2 when the field is empty?

Unfortunately, this mail merging feature does not have the choice to not print empty lines. The time-consuming way to achieve this result is to do two separate print jobs. One for the names with two address lines, and another for names with one address line. No relevant way to sort the contacts by address. [>:]

ellengard -> RE: Removing empty fields from mail merge print (11/24/2021 5:53:51 PM)

Just got an idea... if you want to invest the time to go through each record, you could identify them as "group A" or "group B", where A has two address lines. Then do two separate print jobs for each group.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4