made a cool background (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Creating Keepsakes Scrapbook Designer] >> General Functionality

lindarobin -> made a cool background (4/24/2005 12:21:04 AM)

This is my latest scrapbook page. The background was created in the PhotoWorkshop using the "Old Photo" transparent effect on a black square. I embossed it, darkened and tinted it dark blue to get this rough, scratched textured background.

[image]local://upfiles/72/628BA7ABD5714E548E0099CB712F350E.jpg[/image]

fredomoftruth -> RE: made a cool background (5/13/2005 2:26:08 PM)

what do you mean by "embossed it"?

lindarobin -> RE: made a cool background (5/13/2005 6:10:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: fredomoftruth

what do you mean by "embossed it"?

There is an embossing filter in the PhotoWorkshop's Photo Effects... Artistic.

cooltick95 -> RE: made a cool background (6/24/2005 11:25:44 AM)

What a great layout! I would have never found this site if it weren't for my problems with printing. Anyway...I can't find the "Old Photo" transparent effect. Does the photo need to be a bitmap? Thanks for sharing your work.

lindarobin -> RE: made a cool background (6/24/2005 7:01:09 PM)

You can apply the old photo effect to any image. It does not have to be a bitmap. (I used a square made with the drawing tools.) Highlight your image, click Photo Tools, Special Effects & Edges, then click the tab, "Special Edges" and scroll to Old Photo.

I didn't describe ALL of the steps I took to create the above background because it's rather lengthy. I'll just add that the PhotoWorkshop only works with rastor images (BMP, JPG, TIF, etc.) so I had to export my square as a JPG, then add it back into the workspace so that I could apply photo effects to it. e.g. emboss, colourize, tint, etc.

Thanks for your compliments! I love making digital scrapbook pages and this is the program that really got me going. If you buy the magazine, "Simple Scrapbooks", in the coming Nov/Dec issue, you will see a layout I made with Creating Keepsakes Scrapbook Designer. In fact, I used the Old Photo effect on this layout!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4