Need Help-It won't print to margins (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Creating Keepsakes Scrapbook Designer] >> Printing Specific

Skii -> Need Help-It won't print to margins (4/25/2005 8:50:24 AM)

[:(]I've been having problems getting the scrapbook page to print to the page margins. I have checked the printer and done the printer orientation in the program and that prints out right, but when I print out any 8.5x 11 pages it doesn't print to the full page margins. It shrinks the scrapbook page to only about 3/4 of the page. It looks perfect in the print preview, but won't print out that way. Now when I print a 12 x 12 page I expect it to be reduced because my printer doesn't print 12 x12, but it should print a regular letter size paper. All my other programs print out fine, but not this Scrapbook Designer Deluxe. Please help!

PamE -> RE: Need Help-It won't print to margins (4/25/2005 4:47:18 PM)

Try opening a predesigned project as is and printing that. I'd like to know what you get for results. How does the Print Preview compare to what actually prints? When you go into your printer properties window, what paper size is selected there? Open the Windows Control Panel. Open Printers. Right click on your printer and choose PROPERTIES from the menu that pops up. That is your printer properties window.

Generally the program take commands based on what is selected in the printer properties window and the page layout size you first open. If you would start out with a pre-designed project that comes with the program, not altering it at all, and printing that, it might help us figure out where your problem is.

Are you using the most current updates for your printer? Check your printer manufacturer's web site to see if they have new drivers available for you to download and install. See if that helps.

lindarobin -> RE: Need Help-It won't print to margins (4/25/2005 10:13:37 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Skii

...when I print out any 8.5x 11 pages it doesn't print to the full page margins. It shrinks the scrapbook page to only about 3/4 of the page. It looks perfect in the print preview, but won't print out that way.

If you check the threads, you'll see that a couple of other people have had this exact same problem. Not sure if the problem can be fixed, but there is a workaround. (Follow Pam's advice and if it doesn't work, I'm inclined to believe there is a bug in the program.) Save your project as a high resolution PDF. Print the PDF from Acrobat Reader. I've also saved as a high res JPG and printed it from MS Publisher or Word. You'll probably want to save as JPG anyway, in order to do a computer or DVD slideshow, get professional prints made, e-mail or upload to a webpage.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4
1.171875E-02