Multiweek and Repeating events (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality

GeorgeB -> Multiweek and Repeating events (5/5/2005 7:58:15 AM)

I just started using CC again at version 10. I previously used CC in a DOS version and could do two things that I can't seem to do in version 10.

1. I used to be able to print a multiweek calendar for any number of weeks I chose. The two or three week versions provided more room for event listings in each date box than the six week default that I haven't found a way to change in CC10.

2. I also used to be able to create repeating events to occur every other day, every third day, every fourth day, and so forth. I could apply these to the whole range of dates in the calendar -- out to 2030 or so. There's a place that seems like it should do that, but it only applies the function to a week or two.

Thanks in advance for your help.

GeorgeB

Midge -> RE: Multiweek and Repeating events (5/5/2005 2:40:22 PM)

Hi George,

1. To change the number of weeks in a multi-week calendar, right click on the calendar grid, then select Properties from the menu that drops down. When the Layout Object Properties window opens, click on the Multi Week Properties tab. Then, type the desired number of weeks in the Number of Weeks box.

2. I don't see an option in Calendar Creator 10 to create repeating events to occur every other day, every third day, every fourth day, and so forth.

As you continue to use Calendar Creator 10, you will find, as did many of us long-time users of Calendar Creator, that many popular features in the 16-bit DOS versions of Calendar Creator are not available in current 32-bit Windows versions of Calendar Creator. There are a couple of reasons for that. As with Calendar Creator and many, many other programs, popular features were lost (for reasons I have never quite been able to comprehend) when the programs were converted from 16-bit DOS format to true 32-bit Windows format. And, the company that produces the current 32-bit Windows versions of Calendar Creator is not the same company that produced the 16-bit DOS versions of Calendar Creator.

My solution to this problem was to install both the 16-bit version and the 32-bit version, so that I could have the best of both worlds. In my case, though, I was able to lay my hands on the Gold edition of Calendar Creator Plus for Windows (version 2.0), which is Windows 95 compatible and which installed quite easily on WinXP. I'm not sure how well this approach would work with the original version 2.0 of Calendar Creator.

Midge -> RE: Multiweek and Repeating events (5/5/2005 4:15:56 PM)

Hi again George,

I've just realized that when I said, "I don't see an option in Calendar Creator 10 to create repeating events to occur every other day, every third day, every fourth day, and so forth," that was because I was looking in the wrong repeat rule section [:-] .

But, when I dug a little deeper I found something that might be just what you need.

When you create an event that you want to repeat every other day, every third day, every fourth day, and so forth, make sure the Repeat Until date on the Add Event window is set to a future date (this particular repeat rule will balk if you try to change the Repeat Until Date on the Repeats window), set the Repeat Rule to Every Day, then click on the Advanced Repeat Rule button. When the Repeats window opens, change the number of days in the Every Day(s) section. For example, to set the repeat for every other day, select 2. You will see that changing the number of days will cause the calendar in the upper right corner of the window to display the repeat dates, so you'll be sure to get the desired result.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4