how to add simpe HTML in print shop??? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS Web Pages

spydir04 -> how to add simpe HTML in print shop??? (7/25/2005 10:30:01 PM)

I have been working on a web page with my print shop 20. I cant figure out how to add some simple html to it. Will it accept html. When previewed it shows up as text. Any suggestions??

Midge -> RE: how to add simpe HTML in print shop??? (7/25/2005 10:48:14 PM)

Hi spydir04,

You can add hyperlinks and hotlinks to Print Shop 20 web page projects; but, you can't add simple HTML. That is because when you Publish to Folder or Publish to Web, everything on the web page will be converted to HTML. And, as you have already seen, HTML will be converted to text.

The only time adding simple HTML will work is when you add it directly to the HTML file that is created when you Publish to Folder or Publish to Web.

lindarobin -> RE: how to add simpe HTML in print shop??? (7/26/2005 1:08:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Midge
... add it directly to the HTML file that is created when you Publish to Folder or Publish to Web.

May I add that I've done this often and it is quite straightforward to add a line or two. For example, additional meta tags or a scrolling banner.

(Editing the existing html can be tricky unless you are somewhat well-versed in html.)

Open the html file with NotePad. Insert your html. Probably immediately before the end body tag is fine since everything else is "absolute positioned". Save. Preview it with your browser.

Please note: PrintShop will not keep your added html. If you make any updates with PS and regenerate your html files, what you added will be overwritten. So keep a copy of your extra html to paste into any new html files created with PS.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4
1.513672E-02