Removing Graphics after Install (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS General functionality

Karen21 -> Removing Graphics after Install (8/2/2005 1:59:22 PM)

When I installed this program, it pulled pictures from my hard drive that I had in a folder marked My Pictures. I do not want all of those pictures, I want to remove all of them and only choose the one's I want. When I go to delete them it tells me an error occured but does not tell me what error.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled this program 3 times and the pictures are still there. Also when I try to import a new picture it does not allow me. Someone who knows what to do please call me at 610-838-6009 and walk me through this. I am stressed by this

Midge -> RE: Removing Graphics after Install (8/2/2005 8:11:36 PM)

Hi Karen,

When you start Print Shop for the first time after it is installed, it will ask you if you want to import your own personal pictures into the Art Gallery. If you say NO, none of the pictures will be imported into the Art Gallery. If you say YES, all of the pictures will be imported into the Art Gallery. But, these pictures will be imported only into the My Art & Photos tab of the Art Gallery.

You should be able to remove any picture from the My Art & Photos tab of the Art Gallery by right clicking on the picture then selecting Delete from the menu that drops down. But, that will work only if the picture file is still in the same folder where it was when the picture was imported into the My Art & Photos tab of the Art Gallery.

There is only one way that I know of to quickly remove all of the pictures from the My Art & Photos tab of the Art Gallery. This is done by rebuilding the Art Gallery index files, as is described in this Broderbund Technical Note

Cannot Initialize Your Own Art or Projects Collection

Even though that Technical Note refers to deleting corrupt files as the result of a specific error message, the Art Gallery index files must be deleted before they can be rebuilt.

After you follow the "Rebuilding the Art Gallery Index Files" steps in that Technical Note, then launch Print Shop, you'll want to be sure to say NO when you are asked if you want to import the pictures.

If you have been trying to delete the pictures in the All Art & Photos tab of the Art Gallery, it can't be done because those are the pictures that came with Print Shop. And, those pictures are all permanently built into the All Art & Photos tab of the Art Gallery.

I'm not sure what to tell you about your importing problem other than that you must click on the My Art & Photos tab in the Art Gallery before you can import pictures; because pictures can be imported only into the My Art & Photos tab of the Art Gallery. If you click on either the All Art & Photos tab or on the More Art & Photos tab on the Art Gallery, the Import option in the File menu will always be greyed out.

Karen21 -> RE: Removing Graphics after Install (8/2/2005 8:46:59 PM)

How do I find out if I have adminstrator rights. I do not know how to do that

Midge -> RE: Removing Graphics after Install (8/2/2005 8:55:40 PM)

Hi Karen,

To find out if you have administrator rights, do this:

1. Click on Start.

2. When the Start menu opens, make a note of the logon name that is listed at the top of the menu.

3. Go to Control Panel and select User Accounts.

4. When the User Accounts window opens, look under the logon name that you saw on the Start menu.

If you see the word 'Administrator' under that logon name, you have administrator rights.

If you don't see the word 'Administrator' under that logon name, you do not have administrator rights.

Software should never be installed on WinXP while logged onto the system with an account that does not have administrator rights.

Karen21 -> RE: Removing Graphics after Install (8/9/2005 10:26:20 AM)

Thank you for your help. It worked. Thank you so much

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4