burn a CD (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS General functionality

joed -> burn a CD (8/11/2005 10:54:58 AM)

Does printshop20 deluxe have a way to bring photos from a digtal camer and store (burn)them to a cd, any info will be helpful
thanks
Joe

Midge -> RE: photos from camera to cd (8/11/2005 2:42:27 PM)

Hi Joe,

The most important point when dealing with photos from digital cameras is that the first thing you will always want to do is to save each photo to its own separate file on the hard drive. If each photo isn't saved to its own separate file on the hard drive, you will not be able to access the photos individually.

So, you will first want to acquire the pictures according to the directions that came with your digital camera. Those directions should tell you how to save the photos to files on your hard drive. Then, all you would have to do is to manually copy those files to a CD.

Print Shop would not be a good program to use to get the photos off of your digital camera and then store them on a cd; because Print Shop is not set up for acquiring photos directly from digital cameras. Print Shop is, instead, set up to access photos that have already been saved to separate files on the hard drive.

If you type "digital" into the "Type in the keyword to find:" box on the Print Shop Help Search tab, you will find several topics that will tell you how to incorporate your digital camera photos into Print Shop projects after those photos have been saved to separate files on the hard drive.

lindarobin -> RE: photos from camera to cd (8/11/2005 10:50:45 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: joed
... get the photos off of my digital camera and then store them on a cd...

You sound like you are very new to the whole digital camera scene, so forgive me if the following advice is too basic.

First, do you have a CD burner installed on your computer and have you successfully burned data files onto a CD-R before?

If yes, you are more than halfway to your goal. Now all we need to do is download your image files from your camera to your computer.

Do you have Win XP? If yes, great! Win XP can automatically detect your camera when you hook it up to your computer via camera dock or USB cable or when you insert your media card into a card reader that is hooked up to your computer. XP will, more or less, say, "Hey, I see you have some photos to download... where do you want to store them?" Give it a location on your hard drive. From there, you can burn the files to CD.

If you don't have XP, you MUST install your camera's drivers onto your computer in order for your computer to accept any info from your camera. FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS IN YOUR CAMERA'S MANUAL. Once you have the proper software installed and your computer recognizes your camera, your computer will be able to say, "Hey, I see you have some photos to download... where do you want to store them?" Give it a location on your hard drive. From there, you can burn the files to CD.

Now if you are like my father who has an ancient Win95 computer with no USB port, such a computer wouldn't be able to recognize a digital camera if your life depended on it! Simple solution: get a new computer OR

take your full camera card to a photo developer and pay them to put all your pics onto a CD.

joed -> RE: photos from camera to cd (8/12/2005 5:45:37 AM)

lindarobin, thank you for the tips, yes I am new to digital cameras and print shop as well, once I load the photos where do I go to burn them to a Cd? any info is helpful and trust me none of it is too basic for me. One thing I dont like about print shop is there is no printed manual, I like to read step by step instructions, the tutorials I guess are helpful but sometimes difficult to navigate. Like printing a label I cannot find out to print only one label with name and address and then the next time go to the next available empty label to print. thanks for any info you send my way
Joe

Midge -> RE: photos from camera to cd (8/12/2005 2:57:55 PM)

Hi Joe,

It would be very helpful if you would tell us if you have successfully burned data files onto a CD-R before and if you have any CD-burner software installed on your computer.

For your label printing problem, it is a very simple process to select the next available empty label to print on. To do so, click on File in the menubar then click on Print in the menu that drops down. When the Print screen opens, enter the number of labels you want to print in the "Number of Labels" box. Then, click on the "Starting Label" button. When the "Choose the Starting Label" window opens, click in the space where you want the label or labels to start printing, then click on OK.

joed -> RE: photos from camera to cd (8/13/2005 5:35:27 AM)

thank you for the info, no I have never burned anything to a cd and yes I do a cd burner as far as cd burning software I am not sure, I just got this computer a couple of weeks ago and I have not added any additonal software other than print shop 20 deluxe,
Joe

Midge -> RE: photos from camera to cd (8/13/2005 12:32:18 PM)

Hi Joe,

Does your computer have the Windows XP Operating System installed? If not, which Operating System is installed?

joed -> RE: photos from camera to cd (8/13/2005 12:59:20 PM)

yes it is windows xp home edition

lindarobin -> RE: photos from camera to cd (8/13/2005 5:30:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: joed

yes it is windows xp home edition

Then this will be easy. First, understand that you cannot directly copy photos from your camera to a CD. You must first get the photos onto your computer hard drive.

Plug your camera into your computer via the USB cord that came with your camera and turn it on. XP will automatically "see" your camera and will prompt you for a location to save the photos to.

(Or if you have a card reader on your printer/scanner, take your camera card out of the camera and insert it into the card reader.)

Go ahead and save the photos. When you get this far, you'll be ready to burn to CD. (Although you may not need to do this since you said your computer was new. You have tons of space on your computer to store your photos.)

Once you get this far, we can discuss burning to CD or you can just look it up on the XP Help and Support menu.

lindarobin -> RE: photos from camera to cd (8/13/2005 8:56:56 PM)

screen shot of search result on "burn to CD"

[image]local://upfiles/72/DEE16CCFFBE545EDA5F4E6E205BD66ED.gif[/image]

joed -> RE: photos from camera to cd (8/15/2005 1:34:01 PM)

thanks to all of you for the help, I am sure this will help a great deal
Joe

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4