Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

ClickArt Fonts 4: Uninstalling/Installing

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Click Art] >> General Functionality >> ClickArt Fonts 4: Uninstalling/Installing Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ClickArt Fonts 4: Uninstalling/Installing - 1/7/2008 6:55:40 AM   
kat brown

Hi,

I just tried reinstalling ClickArt Fonts 4 after reinstalling/reformatting my hard drive. It wouldn't install right - instashield would freeze - and then I can't uninstall it. I go to control panel and click on "remove" and go through the steps but it stays on my computer regardless of what I do.

Can someone tell me how to get this off my computer at this point?

Thanks.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 4/20/2009 7:53:38 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: ClickArt Fonts 4: Uninstalling/Installing - 1/7/2008 1:20:49 PM   
Brandy redux

Hi kat,

Interestingly enough, I have just discovered that a properly installed ClickArt Fonts 2 cannot be uninstalled by way of Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel. When I try to do so, I receive an error message about InstallShield. So, your problem with ClickArt Fonts 4 would appear to be very similar to mine.

If I were to want to uninstall my ClickArt Fonts 2, this is how I would do it:

1. Go to 'Start' then 'Search' then search the entire C:\ drive for ClickArt.

2. When the 'Search' is finished, manually delete all files and folders related to ClickArt Fonts.

3. Restart the computer, search the Registry for ClickArt, then delete all registry entries for ClickArt Fonts.

HOWEVER, if you are not familiar with editing the registry, I would recommend that you NOT do Step #3 above. INSTEAD, I would recommend that you perform Steps #1 and #2, restart the computer, then run a registry checker repeatedly to remove any invalid registry entries that were created when you manually deleted the files and folders related to ClickArt Fonts. If your registry checker does not remove ClickArt Fonts 4 from Add or Remove Programs, it would probably be necessary to do so by manually editing the registry (or by using a different registry checker, such as the free Ccleaner that can be downloaded from here http://www.ccleaner.com/ ). However, as long as you manually delete the files and folders from the hard drive and run a registry checker, it really won't make all that much difference if the ClickArt Fonts 4 entry remains in Add or Remove Programs.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 4/20/2009 8:07:43 PM >

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to [email protected]

(in reply to kat brown)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Click Art] >> General Functionality >> ClickArt Fonts 4: Uninstalling/Installing Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4