Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

'DSSAGENT.EXE' error while installing 'Arthurs Thinking Games'

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Education Software] >> [Adventure Workshop] >> Preschool - 1st Grade >> 'DSSAGENT.EXE' error while installing 'Arthurs Thinking Games' Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
'DSSAGENT.EXE' error while installing 'Arthurs Thinkin... - 9/15/2008 1:28:44 PM   
Marsha

When I attempt to install Arthurs Thinking Games, I get an error regarding the file 'DSSAGENT.EXE' not being able to open or being accessable.
I am running Windows XP home edition with 6 Gig of RAM.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 6/27/2010 4:24:01 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: 'DSSAGENT.EXE' error while installing 'Arthurs Thi... - 9/15/2008 7:09:07 PM   
Brandy redux

Hi Marsha,

I decided it might be a good idea to try to install Arthur's Thinking Games myself on both WinXP and WinVista - just to see if it would work.

And, during the installation process, I discovered that the easiest way to avoid the problem with the DSSAGENT.EXE file would be to click in the box next to "Use Brodcast" during the installation (to remove the checkmark) - because it is the Brodcast part of the program that uses the DSSAGENT.EXE file. And, the Brodcast part of the program is, actually, nothing more than a process to provide additional content to consumers, i.e.: screen savers, product updates, special discount programs. So, it really isn't necessary to install Brodcast at all.

And, when I removed the checkmark from the box next to "Use Brodcast" during the installation, I was able to successfully install Arthur's Thinking Games on both WinXP and WinVista.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 6/27/2010 4:24:16 PM >

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to pine_97@yahoo.com

(in reply to Marsha)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Education Software] >> [Adventure Workshop] >> Preschool - 1st Grade >> 'DSSAGENT.EXE' error while installing 'Arthurs Thinking Games' Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4